Elendor Info

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Logs

Fletched Gifts

Tags: Bagurat,  Gunk,  Haldir,  Sachem

Short Summary: The Morians and Mordain have set out from Sarn Goriwing and have begun to poke around north of the Old Road, searching for something. Unfortunatley what shows up is a meddling Elf.
Date (real-life): 2010-09-06
Scene Location: Mirkwood, north of OFR

Mirkwood

The view is blocked in most directions by towering dark trunks, holding heavy and crooked boughs hight above the ground. The gloomy ancient forest seems to draw more and more strenght from you as you travel deeper. Beneath you feets the forestbottom is muddy and cold and around you the early morning autumn air is cold.
The dim light hurt your eyes a little, but you think you can make out a gap between the trees west of you.

It is raining. You can hear the raindrops fall all around you and you are soon drenched. The rain sprinkles down slowly making the ground muddy.

Contents:
Haldir
Gunk
Morian Orc Camp
Sachem
Orc Raiding Party(#18007np)


[+TIME] Middle-earth time is:
Early Morning on Monday, Day 15 of November.
Execute the +TIMEFRAME command for year information.

Real time is: 17:32:17 MDT on Mon Sep 06 2010.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
It is early morning, and yet this means little down under the dark and gloom-filled canopy of Mirkwood. Few shred of light are able to pierce the blackness that lies therein, and those that do are but ghostly whispers of the sun. Two massive camps are here, separated from each other amid the thick and gnarled trunks. Black shapes scuttle here and there inside the settlements...no goodly forest dwellers are these.

At the edge of the Easternmost camp stands a small black robed figure, head held high and masked as always. For a long length Bagurat's yellow gaze observes the Mordain activity, ere it flickers over the Morian tents to glare off into the trees.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
The tents of the Moria orcs are more for the storage of stores than for the orcs themselves, who have mostly found places amid the tree roots to rest and eat and waste time. Their leader with a group of orcs who are bigger, tougher and more uniformly geared and armed is out to one side of the camp as the leader gives orders and points this way and that.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
The trees cluster close, their branches knotted and twisted into each other's arms. And in these canopy-webs there are eyes watching -- one, at least, a tall slender thing in a grey cloak. And for now all it does is that - watch.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
There is a small commotion from nearby; it appears one of the Eastern snaga had dared an attempt at stealing a higher-ranking orc's breakfast, and now a sizable squabble has broken out. This spectacle earns a few gleeful and malicious onlookers, and it is after watching this for a moment that the shaman turns away with a snort. Fabric slithers over the dead leaves upon the ground as she directs her steps toward the Morian camp. "Mountain-rats," Bagurat greets disinterestedly, eyes sweeping about to locate the leader as she nears the border.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem approaches flanked and trailed by his posse of battle-hardened soldiers and stands up tall over the shaman. "What?"


[Haldir(#25231)] 
A posse. Deep in the canopy, the figure smiles ferally. He has a target. Quietly, he begins to prepare his longbow.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
Bagurat keeps her head held high even while Sachem towers overhead, though the eyes behind the mask stray warily toward the bodyguards. "Have your scouts fared better in their searches? Ours haven't found head or tail of these wretched leaf-ear paths the High Shrieker spoke of."


[Sachem(#32030)] 
"No paths?" Sachem turns to his group and they exchange guffaws at the admission of failure from the shaman. "Maybe the holy one needs to pray to her Eye to look harder."


[Haldir(#25231)] 
An answer comes from the sky, if not from the Eye's will: an arrow flashes in through the canopy, arcing among the thick autumn leaves. Its tail is white-fletched -- its point keen and aimed for the Morian lord.

Haldir launches an arrow...
Haldir's bowshot hits Sachem, mildly wounding him.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
The yellowed gaze narrows at the laughter, and there is an irritated frown upon the witch-orc's voice when she answers, "Perhaps. Though I doubt your Flame has aided your success? Have your scouts found the paths then?"

Something white streaks through the gloom, and the shaman takes an involuntary step backward.

[Combat(#13388)] Haldir puts on Ring Mail Armor.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem pulls out of his bicep an arrow shaft. The barbed tip tears open his flesh even more as he rips it free, but the pain seems to not bother him at all. Rather, he inspects the arrow and then turns to his group. "Leaf ears! Get the boys up!"


[Haldir(#25231)] 
Above, Haldir looks rather displeased at being unable to dispatch the Orc. He tries again: a white-fletched arrow drawn to a hidden jaw, then aimed again at Sachem.

Haldir launches an arrow...
Haldir's bowshot hits Sachem, mildly wounding him.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
From the Mordain side there is a shout as a border guard espies what has happened, and suddenly orcs all about are scrambling for shields, steel, and bows.

And meanwhile a string of curses leaves Bagurat's hidden mouth in the fell tongue of the Eye as the beaked mask turns swiftly to send a glare into the trees. "<Morbeth> Curse the worm-filth, Light-lovers, pah!" She slips backward more in the hopes of getting away from the flying shafts.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Another arrow flies out of the tree canopy and hits Sachem full on the chest. However, the arrow does no appreciable damage besides leaving what will be a big bruise under the armor. Meanwhile, all the Morian camp is alive as orcs start pawing at the trees, sniffing for 'elfs'.

[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat] Wearing: Crow-mask


[Haldir(#25231)] 
Elfs: elf in the singular. Haldir frowns as the big Morian orc seems impervious to his peppering, then turns his eyes upon another target. A curse in the Silvan tongue leaves his lips as he traverses the thin branches to another tree, this time aiming at the shaman with the crow-mask...

Haldir launches an arrow...
Ow! You've been injured for 15 hp's by the bowshot.
ARB: Please RP this injury accordingly.


[<#29384>]
Gunk comes charging out of the camp with graceless strides. His right hand holds a war hammer in place on his right shoulder. His left hand is behind his back, pulling up what count for breeches among orcs. The stench is appalling to even the least civilized of men. "<UNINTELLIGIBLE SPEECH>"


[Bagurat(#24847)]
Several answering bowshots are fired widly into the branches from whence the shafts have come as Eastern uruks pulls back upon bowstring. The smaller tracker breeds have begun to venture nearer, snuffling about the base of tree trunks for their elusive prey.

The curse is bitten off as a third arrow sails down and pierces easily through cloth. But it seems whatever armors the shaman underneath still holds, and she yanks it out to fling it angrily at her feet. "Little good that's going to do, when they won't come down from their precious trees," hisses Bagurat to Gunk as she espies his hammer. Her own hand slips into the black fabric...


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Now that he isn't being fired at, Sachem has a chance to watch the arrow's flight. He turns to Gunk and notices the shaman. "Come!" With that, the king and his posse head for a tree that Sachem has picked out. He knocks aside a sniffling snaga who has been sniffing around the base of the tree and, spitting into his hands, he heaves up his great battle axe and starts chopping for all he's worth, sending splinters flying.


[<#29384>]
Gunk hurls a few choice curses at Bagurat. When Sachem calls, the shaman rushes over and takes his war hammer with both hands. Standing at the base of the tree, the orc looks up at the branches as his tongue slides over blood stained lips and teeth. "<UNINTELLIGIBLE SPEECH>"

The orc spits in both hands for a good grip and then swings his heavy at the trunk, sending vibrations up and down into the ground.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
But Haldir is not one to be constrained by trees. As the deeply twisted wood begins to heave and groan, one may find that the scent of Elf is no longer there. No -- instead, the next pale dart is aimed towards the till-now unbreeched orc, Gunk. The one with the hammer and the horrible smell.

Haldir launches an arrow...
Haldir's bowshot hits Gunk, lightly wounding him.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
The Mordain shaman does not as readily follow the others, and instead she remains further behind than they. The crow-mask is raised as the eyes flit hither and thither as they try to judge where the darts are coming from. The hand emerges from the robes, a jagged bone-hilted dagger clutched therein. Then swiftly, with a new curse in Morbeth to speed it, the knife is flung blindly into the tree-shadow.

COMBAT - Wielded: Sacrificial Dagger
Removed: Sacrificial Dagger.
[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat]
You half-blindly throw your dagger at Haldir...

Your dagger hits Haldir, lightly wounding him!


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem moves away from the tree and looks at the branches above with his dark eyes, searching, searching...


[Gunk(#29384)] 
The arrow pierces the soft flesh of Gunk's backside and the orc howls in pain. Anger combines with hunger and he swings again at the tree, harder this time. "Leevers! I's gonna gets you and I's gonna eats you!"


[Haldir(#25231)] 
The dagger does not report a cry of pain, but it does fall to the ground with a clatter, a thin film of red along its edge and point. The Elf seems not to send any arrows for now -- but as Haldir moves to another tree, a drop of blood falls down upon the dead leaves...


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem is watching and he sees the blood trail. He takes aim, his hands around the haft of his axe. Lifting it high over his head, he heaves it upward, sending it end over end flying at where he thinks the shooter is to be found.

[Combat(#13388)] Sachem throws a battle axe...
Sachem's battle axe throw hits Haldir, lightly wounding him!
The battle axe lies now upon the ground now at his feet.

Sachem removes Sachem's Battle Axe.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
Up sails the battle-axe. There is a crash above, sending twigs and leaves down towards the Morian leader. And, again, some blood. Haldir purses his lips silently, his hand replacing the longbow to its home on his back. Down sails the battle-axe...


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem pulls from his broad back a bow and arrows bound together. Sticking the arrows in a line into the ground before him, he strings the bow, still watching.

[Combat(#13388)] Sachem wields Bow.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
A cry of sickly glee slips from behind the beaked mask at the sight of the bloodied dagger when it falls back to earth. "There!" shouts the witch-orc, pointing with a spidery finger into the dark of the branches. "One of them is there!" Danger overriden by excitement, Bagurat dares a dart forward, her clawed hand snatching through fallen leaves to clutch about the knife hilt once more. And then an axe flies through the air, and she jerks out of the way as it comes back down.

From the Mordain camp there are more twangs as black-fletched arrows are released, aimed high into the general vacinity of the branches.

You pick up a Dagger.


[Gunk(#29384)] 
Gunk breaks his punishment of the poor tree, leaving a huge gash in its trunk. With teeth clenched, he rips the arrow out of his backside, letting out another howl. Growling now, his eyes on the branches of the trees above. "Leever, I's gonna eat you."


[Haldir(#25231)] 
Haldir frowns -- the orc-lady's shrieking is annoying. But he merely sits still in the unsplintered trunk of a new tree, wrapping his sleeve about a deep gash in his arm. A hail of arrows pierces the canopy: one pierces his cloak, pinning a shred of cloth to a tree; another grazes his jaw. But he makes no movement, waiting for the orcs to spend their arrows.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem aims carefully, an arrow nocked. He looks down the arrow and into the foliage as he seeks his target. Then, seeing something move, he lets the arrow fly, going with his gut.

Sachem launches an arrow...
Sachem's bowshot hits Haldir, lightly wounding him.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
As Sachem's aim proves to be well founded, Bagurat turns her own in the same direction. Once more, the long-sleeved arm is draw back; then with a fling of the wrist, that long jagged dagger is sent after the flight of the orc-arrow.

COMBAT - Wielded: Sacrificial Dagger
Removed: Sacrificial Dagger.
[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat]
You half-blindly throw your dagger at Haldir...

Your training fails you as you throw your dagger in the crowded room: Sachem gets in the way of your shot!
Your dagger flies wide of Sachem, doing no harm.
Your weapon lies now upon the ground at his feet.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
The Elf's features constrict as he looks down, finding that an arrow has lodged into his side. Suddenly he darts into another branch, and the dagger narrowly misses him, thudding with its jagged point into a tree. Frowning, Haldir wrenches it from the trunk and flings it back down at the witch-orc.

Haldir picks up a dagger.
[Combat(#13388)] Haldir wields Dagger.
[Combat(#13388)] Haldir throws a dagger...
Haldir removes Sacrificial Dagger.
Ow! You've been injured for 6 hp's by the dagger-throw.
ARB: Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem watches and watches and sees the source of the dagger. He aims and lets fly another arrow.

Sachem launches an arrow...

Sachem's arrow flies wide, doing no harm.


[Gunk(#29384)] 
The she-orc was right. His war hammer is useless. Frustration welling up inside, Gunk goes after a close snaga, chasing the poor thing back towards the Morian camp.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
The masked shaman stands still for a moment, the yellow gaze in the eyeholes peering with anticipation to see whether or not this second throw proves true. And alas, the answer is not long in the coming -- Bagurat gives a snarled hiss as metal streaks through the gloom and tears a long line through the robes at her side, though if any blood is drawn it is difficult to see against the dark of the fabric.

"Cowards, worm-filth!" shouts the witch-orc, yielding another nasty glare above. "Are you going to hide through the day? Scared to show your ugly faces?" And meanwhile, more black-fletched orc arrows whiz, seeking Haldir.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
Haldir does not answer. An arrow does the answering for him, however, aimed at the arguably hideous crow-mask that the shaman wears...

[Combat(#13388)] Haldir wields a longbow.
Haldir launches an arrow...
Ow! You've been injured for 29 hp's by the bowshot.
ARB: Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem pushes aside a frenzied snaga running at him and takes aim again for a clearer shot.

Sachem launches an arrow...
Sachem's bowshot hits Haldir, moderately wounding him.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
If the shrieking was unpleasant before, it doubles when the next white-fletched dart meets metal -- there is a horrid grating noise as the tip slides against the mask, before it is turned aside to land deeply into the witch-orc's shoulder. The arrow is viciously ripped out, unfortunately rending more flesh along with it. Black blood graces the leaves and grass below. With an unintelligible snarl of cursings, Bagurat yanks the shield off a nearby uruk-soldier, and jams in onto her own sleeved arm. "Begone now, or I'll have the lads set fire to their arrows! Don't think roast-leaf-ear sounds too inviting for you?"

[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat] Wearing: Rune-rimmed Shield


[Haldir(#25231)] 
"I decline to attend your feast," comes a cold voice from above, tightly wound against the pain of yet another arrow. "A good day to you -- remember, the woods are ever watched by our arrow-tips..."

And then there is nothing that moves in the trees.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem smirks as the Elf makes threats. Then he starts searching the ground for arrows while walking in the direction of where his battle axe rests.

Sachem searches around and finds some old arrows!


[Bagurat(#24847)]
For a length the Mordain shaman remains in that spot, the leather shield held high. But when no returning white arrows fly, she snorts, the sounds swiftly turning into a disdainful growl. The shield is now thrown carelessly to the side, to bop it's original owner on the nose.

"Accursed, albai-scum," hiss Bagurat as she stoops painfully to retrieve her dagger.

You pick up a Dagger.


[Gunk(#29384)] 
Gunk abandons the snaga and returns to where the others are. Digging into a pouch, he pulling out items and setting on the trunk of an old tree that has fallen over. "Me'cine rock. Goop. 'Erbs. Slime. Hai."


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem reclaims his axe from the forest and walks back to where Gunk has his med supplies. The orc-chieftain takes up the goop and rubs a good bit of it over his flesh wound. Then he takes a skin and drinks down the fiery medicinal spirit of the orcs, feeling its warmth energize him and take away the pain.

Sachem picks up a yellow runed, large, broad bladed axe.

[Combat Function Library(#15)] Gunk tends to the injuries on Sachem.


Date added: 2010-09-07 07:35:42    Hits: 63
Powered by Sigsiu.NET RSS Feeds