Elendor Info

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Logs

Safe Escort

Tags: Wynne,  Gilthilion,  Sudanir

Short Summary: An Ndaed elf finds a woman of Dale lost in Mirkwood, and escorts her toward home.
Date (real-life): 2010-09-18
Scene Location: Mirkwood
Time of Day: Night
Weather: Clear sky, snow on the ground
Old Forest Road, Grassy Knoll
The Old Forest Road ascends and descends a tall knoll at this point in its longitudinal traverse of the great forest. The winter forest is brown and brittle-looking around you, though the trees thin out around the bald knob of the hill. The early morning air is cold around you, and below you the earth is snow-covered but still traceable. The road is carved with wagon, boot, and hoof prints.

Sunlight streams through the gap in the trees onto the top of the rocky knoll.

Contents:
Sudanir
Wynne
Overgrown Tomb
Obvious exits:
SouthWest, NorthWest, East, and West

[Wynne(#16973)]
The grey of twilight is darker than anything else here as winter shrouded trees block out what little light there is. Lost, but now in the clearing again a cloaked figure with a very large blood bay horse sets up a meager camp. The horse stays near figure like it is either one of the herd. Stiffly the figure moves about getting a fire going. There spark of light as the flint and steel are knocked together to get the dry brush it had gathered to burn. A few more sparks are set off and then there is the soft scent of smoke as it catches. The figure shivers and pats the horse's neck as it begins to untack the mare. Soon the saddle and the bedroll along with the saddle bags are placed by the small fire. The horse is then given a small ration of grain along with some fodder that is uncovered by fire.

Settling near the fire the figure moves where she can watch the horse. "Terrwyn, we have been going in circles." The figures voice is soft and definitely female and she is speaking in Eothrik. With another shiver, she leans in and takes out bit of dried from fruit for the bags. Nibbling she sighs.

[Sudanir(#31361)]
"The wood is not safe...friend," a bodiless voice says in the Common Tongue, severing the still night air. It is smooth of tone and timbre, carrying almost an enchanting quality to it. The sound of wood creaking, as if a bough strained to its utmost, follows. Though, it is scarcely noticeable.

[Wynne(#16973)]
"Neither are the gentle rolling hills." Comes a startled reply from the woman. The mare turns her rather large head in his direction. She does not spook, in stead she snorts at him and turns her attention back to her eating. "Who be ye?" She asks as her hand inches towards her belt. "If ye be friend then ye can share my fire, if ye be foe please leave me in peace." She answers back in the same trade tongue.

[Sudanir(#31361)]
"I think..." the voice says, and without even crunch of the fallen snow underfoot, a figure steps forward from the tree line, where the dim glow of the fire bathe his features. A wood elf. A bow is in his hand and an arrow nocked to it, but he holds it low and pointed toward the ground. "...That one scarcely compares to the other. The wood has always been dangerous, your whole life, I suspect. But not like now. Be grateful I am /not/ your foe, for the creatures I hunt tonight would not have left you in peace."

[Wynne(#16973)]
 "There is truth in your words." The woman responds back with a tired sigh. The hood of the cloak still conceals her face. She shivers and pulls it closer around her as the mare looks up from her food and moves to nuzzle the woman for the bit of dried apple she had been nibbling on with a slight smile she gives it to the mare. "I have met the other foes in the forest. It was daytime." She adds as her lips twitch back into a frown.

[Sudanir(#31361)]
"Then you are brave, or clever, to have survived." the elf says, his disapproval in his voice and on his features undisguised. "Another reason why the rolling plain is safer: the wood is in perpetual night, giving them freedom to come and go at any time. What business have you here?" He un-nocks his bow, and puts the arrow away in the quiver.

[Wynne(#16973)]
 "I am neither, there was an eagle." The woman pulls back her hood as is polite and she offers him a tight smile as the mare moves to go back to her fodder. "Honestly I was chased off the main path. We have been taking a bit of tour of the woods it would seem." She then rises from where she was seated and offers him a courtly curtsy. Before she plops back down near her fire. "I am taking it slow for I would not want harm to come to my Lady Terrwyn."

[Sudanir(#31361)]
"Ah, the Eagles." The elf almost sighs, then inclines his head to her semi-formal curtsy. "I am Gilthilion. And at risk of wasting an otherwise perfectly good campfire, perhaps I could show you the way." His smile is slight, as elves are wont to do. "And who is your Lady Terrwyn?"

[Wynne(#16973)]
 "It matters not and I am would be more than happy to have your help." Rising, from where she was seated the woman moves to gather up her items that she had unpacked. Snow is used to put out the fire. As she does this she talks, "Milady is over there." She indicates to the horse with a slight tilt of her head. "She has been my companion for sometime now and forgive me, my name is Wynne of House Taurdain."

[Sudanir(#31361)]
The elf assists with the breaking of camp, working more to obliterate the signs of a camp having been here at all, and where such was impossible, confusing the sign to make it hard to read. To Lady Terrwyn, Gilthilion gives a nod, and greets, "My Lady," with absolute seriousness. Then to Wynne, "I am familiar with your houses, though I do not recall ever meeting you before. Are you ready?"

[Wynne(#16973)]
"That I am. I work with the healing of animals or animal husbandry. I spend a lot of time traveling with the armies for my specialty is horses." She flashes him a grin as she moves to tack up Terrwyn again. "You would not have seen me unless you had spent much time in either the stable or with the Army." She chuckles at some thought she has. "I really should have Da present me to court some season."

[Sudanir(#31361)]
"And who is your 'Da?'" the elf says, waiting for her to follow, and moving to the eastern edge of the camp. He takes out his arrow again, and nocks it to his bow casually.

[Wynne(#16973)]
 "Da is Da." She teases as takes up the reins so she can lead Terrwyn. "If something happens to me he has others it is my mentor and teacher Master Healer Ceowin of Karath who would be more upset if something happened." Another flash of a smile that shows off her dimples and makes her grey eyes dance. She pulls up the hood of cloak and move through the snow littered ground. Her foot falls crunch as she moves.

[Sudanir(#31361)]
The elf, in contrast, moves in silence on top of the snow, leaving no footprint at all. "Well, would you mind taking a message to your Da, or Ceowin of Karath, or whoever you deem appropriate? I was on my way to Dale, but perhaps you can save me part of the journey."

[Wynne(#16973)]
 "There is no message to give for they will know that I am well. Why were you on your way to Dale?" She asks as she continues to walk with him.

[Sudanir(#31361)]
"To...give them a message." Gilthilion says, his face looking oddly confused, then bemused.

[Wynne(#16973)]
"Well then where in Dale did you plan to travel?" Another thought occurs to her and she shakes her head. "Never mind it is not of my concern for it be for the ears of the elders or our esteemed nobles." There is a bit of amusement laces the last word. "I am grateful for your help. Thank you."

[Sudanir(#31361)]
Gilthilion stops, turning to face the young woman and the horse. "Perhaps my Common Tongue is rusty. I will bring you to the edge of Mirkwood and then we will part ways. Will you be willing to take a message to the elders and esteemed nobles, so that I may return to more pressing issues?" He pauses to allow that to sink in. "IF so, tell them an army of Goblins and Hobgoblins and Orcs has amassed in the heart of Mirkwood, and has been hacking its way north. Also tell them, travel in Mirkwood is unwise, unless you bring an army. Will you do this?"

[Wynne(#16973)]
"This I can if I do not run into said goblins and orcs myself. I will ride like the wind." She moves to check the girth before mounting. With one fluid movement, she has managed to mount the rather tall large mare. "I would suggest due to the nature of the situation that you send another runner or messenger. Arrows do kill."

[Sudanir(#31361)]
Gilthilion sighs, her response obviously not what he wanted to hear. "Very well." Once she is on her horse, he begins to run, tirelessly leading the way.

Date added: 2010-09-19 16:49:47    Hits: 57
Powered by Sigsiu.NET RSS Feeds