Elendor Info

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Logs

Battle for the Defense Flet

Tags: Bagurat,  Bugzlok,  Bulburz,  Haldir,  Gunk,  Kuuth,  Sachem,  Sudanir,  Witch-king,  Defense Flet

Short Summary: A strange elven structure has been built high in the branches, and the Mordain and Morian orcs attempt to collaspe it.
Date (real-life): 2010-09-25
Scene Location: North Mirkwood

[+TIME] Middle-earth time is:
Late Afternoon on Trewsday, Day 10 of January.
Execute the +TIMEFRAME command for year information.

Real time is: 20:31:00 MDT on Sat Sep 25 2010.


Mirkwood

The view is blocked in most directions by towering dark trunks, holding heavy and crooked boughs hight above the ground. The gloomy ancient forest seems to draw more and more strenght from you as you travel deeper. Beneath you feets the forestbottom is wet and icy and around you the late afternoon winter air is icy.
The dim light hurt your eyes a little, but you think you can make out a gap between the trees west of you.

It is raining. You can hear the raindrops fall all around you and you are soon drenched. The rain sprinkles down slowly making the ground muddy.

Contents:
Defense Flet(#27822nvwB)
Gunk
Witch-king
Bugzlok
Uruk Camp(#25568en)
Sudanir
Sachem
Morian Orc Camp
Orc Raiding Party(#18007n)


Defense Flet(#27822nvwB)

A tall, sturdy, well-crafted flet of the Ndaedeldhrim; walled and roofed with arrow slits carved into the wood. It lingers high in the boughs of a mighty tree, and would take a good deal of effort no doubt to remove.

Haldir emerges through the forest from the south west.
Haldir has arrived.


[Sudanir(#31361)]
The evening is just beginning, as the red-orange rays skim the tops of the highest trees in Mirkwood. The elves have stopped their annoying singing for the past few days, and the wood is finally peacful once more, from the viewpoint of some. In this part of the wood, the paths seem a bit more noticeable, the spiders less invasive, and...way up above there is a...structure. Its a simple structure, barely more than wooden panels strung with rope from the limbs of a very very large tree, but a structure nontheless and...it doesn't look orcish.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Morian scouts have spotted the structure and Sachem has found a good place to view it. It is also a good place from which to shoot arrows. The Morian king is surrounded by handpicked bodyguards and his personal entourage of bootlickers and yes-orcs.


[Witch-king(#28583)]
Which means it may well draw the eye of the vanguard of the uruk army tramping through the woods; for a good thirty or so of the foul brutes draw near. Long spears and cunning bows are carried by this foremost troop of uruk-hai, far ahead of their fellows, and cruel eyes trace upward to view the odd construction with interest.

Whispers and grunts sound among them as they steal closer, ere they come to a halt a couple of dozen yards away from its tree.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Approaching the Mordain Uruks is a group of some ten Uruk scouts, led by Bugzlok. They are exceptionally filthy and covered in mud and blood. As they approach Bugzlok grins evilly and motions for the scouts to join the ranks of Uruks as he heads to the front of the Army, licking his crude lips as he moves towards the commander.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
"And what is this?" asks a voice in crude Westron from amid the group of Mordain orcs, and it is not long ere the speaker steps into view through the orcish bodies. The shaman Bagurat lifts her masked head to stare disdainfully up at the curious structure high above. "Stinks like albai-filth, that is for certain."


[Haldir(#25231)] 
The approach is not unwatched, for certain: the elves, though silent, lie in wait in these trees, their bows and ready. And a grey-cloaked Elf is among them, not of these woods: Haldir is his name.


[Gunk(#29384)] 
Somewhere close, but still out of immediate sight comes whispered words in the Morian Uruk tongue that barely break the quiet of the forest. After a final invocation, the scent of fresh blood waifs through the woods. A critter has just been sacrificed. Gunk opens the small animal up from end to end with a sharp rock and pulls out the inards for a 'reading.'


[Sudanir(#31361)]
Sudanir sits in the flet, back to the wall, intently fletching one of his arrows with the finest of thread, by the light of a single candle. He pauses, hearing the crack of wood, and listens to see what might follow. Hearing nothing, he glances up at the elf who is holding watch. He is facing east, and seems unconcerned. Sudanir continues with the tedious binding of the arrow.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Bending his bow, Sachem tests the tension. Before him stuck in the ground is a row of arrows for him to readily take up. The first is brought up and nocked and the orc takes aim at the flet high above from his sheltered position. He lets go...

[Combat(#13388)] Sachem wields Bow.
Sachem launches an arrow...

Sachem's arrow flies wide, doing no harm.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Looking to the large tree the Uruk Scout spits upon the ground cursing a bit as he moves through the ranks. Finally seeing the Shaman he moves towards her, bowing his head he says "Send me and mine up there.. Let us kills them.." Looking back to the tree he once again spits upon the ground.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
A third Elf inside, Haldir sits as a guest, but near to the viewing-shafts and with a strung war-bow. There is suddenly the none-too-gentle sound of vegetation being trampled, and the rank smell of blood.

"<Sindarin> They have come. They are outside," the Galadhrim murmurs with a whisper of grey fabric, shifting to lay out his own white-fletched arrows.


[Witch-king(#28583)]
A cry goes up from the van of the Mordain army as Sachem looses a dart toward the strange flet, and they beat the ground with their spear-hafts at having been beaten to the punch. All eyes turn then to Bagurat as they await her reply to Bugzlok.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
The orc arrow flies overhead...and whizzes past the flet, earning a snort from the robed orc. "Little good that will do, against the walls. Fire arrows would be more useful." Bagurat's beaked helm turns to regard Bugzlok, and she points in consent at the trunk of the tree. "Fine, fetch them from hiding. Have you any more of that fire-liquid left over?"


[Sudanir(#31361)]
The sound of an arrow whistling by is unmistakeable, as if the words of the Galadhrim are not clear enough. Sudanir puts down the unfinished arrow, muttering about how he will be unable to use it. He turns about, peering through the slats of the flet, moving about to improve his downward perspective. He hisses. "Its a bad thing, my friend." He takes out his bow and an arrow, and as a cry and hue come from below, he begins to search for a target.

[Combat(#13388)] Sudanir reaches for the longbow at their back and wields it


[Gunk(#29384)] 
Gunk has the critter's guts laid out on a fallen tree trunk. Tilting his head left and right, the Voice of Flame looks closely and closely, snorting and grunting as well. Finally, he looks up and pulls a snaga close by its ear. With a hiss, "She says ... attack now or surely die! Pass the word to Sachem."


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Retrieving from beneath his crude shirt is a small bottle of liquid, then looking back the shaman, Bugzlok says "I have all mine scouts carry one, just in case.." Looking to the tree once again he then says "Shall we leave them with you shaman? Or dump them upon the tree when we approach?" Motioning for his scout to gather to the side of the Uruk Army Bugzlok smiles once again, licking his crude cracked lips.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
The word is passed and Sachem receives the reading's results. He frowns and sets aside his bow. From its restraints, he pulls free his battle axe. "Grappling hooks. Hai!"

[Combat(#13388)] Sachem releases a large, broad bladed battle-axe from its restrains, grasping its haft tightly with his hands.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
"I know it," says Haldir, already standing by the slats with an arrow nocked. "Let them not fasten their hooks to the wood, for then they will climb."

The Galadhrim follows brief words with action, and soon is the cloth-yard released, speeding towards the orcs below.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
"I want you and your lads to place them about the tree, yes," nods the witch-orc. "Smoke them out, and then if that doesn't work," Bagurat's voice turns cruelly amused, "roast them."

And even as the command for grappling hooks goes out, she hisses to the rest of the Mordain uruks. "Well, have you no arrows or weapons yourselves? Ready them in case any of the tree-rats reveal themselves."

Kuuth has arrived.


[Sudanir(#31361)]
"Let them climb...its an easy shot, straight down the rope at whoever is foolish enough to try," Sudanir replies. But the first shot is loosed not at the front line of orcs, however, but upon a particularly small orc that has garnered his attention in the past. As she speaks, he even recognizes her voice, he's been out here so long. He looses an arrow at Bagurat.

Sudanir launches an arrow...
Ow! You've been injured for 21 hp's by the bowshot.
ARB: Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         A nod is given and then Bugzlok rushes off, his scouts following him closely. Swiftly they stay within the shadows and approach the tree. One of the Scout rushes to the tree and empties his bottle upon the side of the tree. This continues nearly all about the tree, as scouts pour their fire-water upon the base of the tree, then slip back into the darkness. Then silently a grappling hook flies towards the back of the tree, away from the Army of Uruks.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Ten grappling hooks fly up from the ground as orcs move toward the flet's tree and give it the old heave-ho. Sachem looks on as his orc do their work, trying to gain purchase above.

Bulburz has connected.


[Gunk(#29384)] 
Moving closer for a view of the attack, Gunk finds a stump this time, worn flat by the ages. A snaga brings up a leather sack and gives it to Gunk. Opening the sack, the shaman reveals a small brown critter, something the leaf ears might find oute. Holding the animal down on the stump with one hand, he raises his war hammer up with the other and then brings it down as he says:

"For the Flame, may She guide us to the leaf ears roasting live over our fires!"


[Haldir(#25231)] 
As the orcs begin to seek purchase on the wooden construction, Haldir says nothing, but sights through the slats and fires at the orc who divines from guts, Gunk.

Haldir launches an arrow...
Haldir's bowshot hits Gunk, lightly wounding him.


[<#31361>] Sudanir watches just long enough to see his arrow hit, then takes the comfort that the flet can offer. Grappling hooks hit the structure with a loud clatter, and the elf looks up at the window where he just shot out of, noticing that a hook has found purchase there. He rolls about and reaches up, knocking it off. "<UNINTELLIGIBLE SPEECH>"


[Bagurat(#24847)]
Bagurat hisses again as more hooks fly up, and her yellow gaze flickers toward the King who has ordered them. "Your boys are going to get cooked if they climb up there." Back toward Bugzlok she looks, and decides, "Kindle a low fire, if you can. If the mountain-rats get in the way..a pity." But she does not appear particularly concerned over this.

Concern does come however, as an arrow is returned from up above, landing in the shaman's side. Crying out in pain, she flings her clawed hand down and yanks it out, tossing it to the ground as though it burns her.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Quickly as they can the Uruk scout climb the hook that was thrown, silently they climb, one after another, until they reach the top, led by Bugzlok holding onto the side he waits for another of his scouts joins him. Then laughing the pair throws some five bottles upon the trunk of the tree. Shattering as they strike and spilling their contents about. Then with a laugh he tosses a small torch at the spilled liquid.


[Witch-king(#28583)]
And the other orcs of the Mordain van are by now hissing and snarling their anger up at the fortified Firstborn, many hopping from foot to foot in eagerness for carnage. Bugzlok's efforts earn him a loud, rowdy cheer from the uruk-hai; the throng cackling as they look on hungrily.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem grabs hold of a stout rope and begins climbing one handed, the other hand holding ready his battle axe.


[Gunk(#29384)] 
The cursed leaf ear's arrow penetrates deep into the muscle of Gunk's thigh and he cries out. The snaga who gave him last critter tries to pull the arrow out, but fails, only breaking the shaft just above the arrow head. Pain radiating through his body, Gunk turns his fury on the well-meaning snaga! "The Flame can have you too."


[Haldir(#25231)] 
"Sudanir," Haldir murmurs suddenly, trying to look down the ropes -- the ugly face of the Morian King appears -- he shoots an arrow hastily off at it. "I smell smoke."

Haldir launches an arrow...

Haldir's arrow flies wide, doing no harm.


[<#31361>] Movement to his right calls Sudanir's attention, and he turns and shoots his next arrow at the first shape he sees just as Haldir speaks. "<UNINTELLIGIBLE SPEECH>" he shouts, and pulls off his cloak, throwing it upon the burning oil to snuff it quickly. He gets most of it.

Sudanir launches an arrow...

Sudanir's arrow flies wide, doing no harm.


[Bulburz(#15635)]
A low chant among the uruk from the Misty Mountains begins and spreads into a rythmic chant, "burn, Burn, BURN!" they yell in unison. Bulburz ducks as the arrow passes him by and strikes Gunk instead. The death of the long eared fluffy apparently enough to attract unwanted attention from the rain of arrows. The other Morians cheer as Sachem climbs one handedly up the rope to the pointy eared tree house.

"burn, Burn, BURN!" The chant continues.

Anglor has connected.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem makes it to the top, arrows whizzing by but doing him no harm. Swinging at the end of the rope, he hacks at the panel that stands in his way.


Sachem attacks Defense Flet with his Battle Axe and moderately wounds it!


[Bagurat(#24847)]
More orcs are climbing up the ropes and toward the flet; but now a torch has been thrown, and indeed Haldir's nose is correct in its discovery: there is smoke. Down below on the ground, Bagurat watches onward. "There'll be roasted slaves along with the roasted elves now," she snorts, but then speaks louder so that all may hear. "Throw down the leaf-ears! The faithful will be spared the harm of the flames, if the Master be willing!"


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         As the arrow just misses Bugzlok he grins and moves out of the way, replaced by another Uruk he tosses his own bottle at the flames that are already burning. As the Uruk throws his bottle Bugzlok begins to hack at the walls with his scimitar.


Bugzlok attacks Defense Flet with his Scimitar, but he misses by a handspan.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
Setting his lips tightly as the sounds of hacking begin outside the flet, Haldir sends another arrow towards Sachem's hand -- or is it the rope near the orc's hand?


[Witch-king(#28583)]
But well-crafted is the handiwork of the Eldar, and Bugzlok's blade merely skitters off the rough wood. The orcs below growl their frustration, but seem to take heart from the flames that roll higher.

Haldir launches an arrow...
Haldir's bowshot hits Sachem, mildly wounding him.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
The arrow hits Sachem's helmet and rings his bell. The orc shakes out the cobwebs and growls all the more. "Bad, bad, bad! Doom! Doom! Doom!" He hacks harder now on the panel close to him.


[Bulburz(#15635)]
Emboldened by the others and with lose ropes dangling from the elvish tree house, Bulburz pushes his way forward and begins climbing the rope - not one handed as some other great orcs, but with scimitar in teeth; grunting and inching up like a worm on a branch...


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         As his scimitar bounces off the wall of the flet, Bugzlok grunts and motions for more of the scouts to climb up. Then gripping his weapon again he renews his hacking at the walls, anger upon his face as he does so.


Bugzlok attacks Defense Flet with his Scimitar and moderately wounds it!


[Sudanir(#31361)]
Orcs on the flet. Its a moment of panic on the elf panic scale, which looks like a moment of calm, calculated action on many other scales. But Sudanir wastes little time, shooting once more at the shadow of the orcs that can be seen through the slits. He'll worry about the fire later...if there is a later.

Sudanir launches an arrow...

Sudanir's arrow flies wide, doing no harm.

[+POLL] Announcement: Bulburz(#15635) has changed the poll to: Pinata in Mirkwod: News at 11


[Bagurat(#24847)]
While the first hacking begins overhead, the witch-orc steals forward toward the tree's base, where the flames had originally ignited. But she does not yet attempt to snatch at a rope to climb, and instead peers ahead at the tongues of flame that reflect in hellish hues upon the crow-mask over her face. And as if addressing the fires themselves, Bagurat mutters some foul prayer in the language of the Eye, as if to spur them into greater wrath.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
Haldir's gaze is steely calm, though the flames that lick below are reflected in his eyes. "Have you an escape route?" the marchwarden asks Sudanir, shooting at another figure who climbs the rope - Bugzlok.

Haldir launches an arrow...
Haldir's bowshot hits Bugzlok, mildly wounding him.


[Witch-king(#28583)]
Meanwhile, the flames of Bugzlok's fire-bombs have finally spread beyond the reach of the Firstborn to stifle, and eagerly they kindle anew upon the outside panels of the flet. Licking and crackling as though laughing in glee the flames catch for true, and one whole side of the Elves' defensive platform is quickly ablaze.

Witch-king furiously attacks Defense Flet with his Longsword and badly wounds it!

Sachem attacks Defense Flet with his Battle Axe, but he misses by a mile.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem hacks some more, but his rope is like a pendulum and he has mistimed his attack. He'll try again next time.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         An arrows glances off the shoulder of Bugzlok, leaving but a small scratch that only barely oozes blood. Cursing loudly he shakes his head and once again renews his attack on the walls of the flet with his Scimitar.


[Bulburz(#15635)]
Now making his way to the under bottom of the flet platform, Bulburz wraps the rope securely around one hand as the imp takes his scimitar from between his teeth with the other. He looks down - eyes glinting with evil doing joy before returning his attention to the Flet, hoping to losen some ropes that secure the platform with his goblin blade, and avoid the rope he now sways precarioulsy from under the structure....

Bugzlok attacks Defense Flet with his Scimitar, but he misses by a hair.


Bulburz attacks Defense Flet with his Scimitar and badly wounds it!


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem comes up with a foolproof strategy. He pushes off and then swings back toward the flet with his feet going first, hobnails aimed squarely at the flet's side panel to smash it in with his weight.

Sachem attacks Defense Flet with his Battle Axe and terribly wounds it!


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Losing his grip as he swings his scimitar, Bugzlok nearly falls from the walls of the Flet. Getting a better grip he shouts for his fellow scouts to continue the attack upon the walls, then he too swings his scimitar in a overhead swing, aimed at the wall in front of him.


Bugzlok attacks Defense Flet with his Scimitar and severely wounds it!


[Witch-king(#28583)]
The flet teeters and totters now with the force of all the blows raining in upon it, and with the flames still hungrily eating up the finely-carved wood, it seems that Haldir's thoughts of escape may have been timely indeed.


[<#31361>] As the acrid smoke begins to burn his nose, the sides of the flet begin to shudder. Well-made or no, it will soon be in splinters on the ground. "<UNINTELLIGIBLE SPEECH>" he says, looking upward to check for reasonable holes an elf might fit through.


[Bulburz(#15635)]
Bulburz snickers with wicked glee as his attempt to cut ropes apparently weakens the structure of the Flet. In his over confidence he forgets to remain under the structure and begins to climb along a branch - possibly exposing himself to the hale of arrows from above and within. But he again swipes wickedly at the ropes securing the Flet to the tree...and cackles, "heheheha-hhaha!" feeling rather swashbuckling swinging from ropes in trees and whatnot...

Bulburz attacks Defense Flet with his Scimitar, but he misses by a handspan.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
Haldir nods in assent to the other Elf, ignoring the heat as one of the walls continues to be licked by flame. Then -- the slats begin to cave in under the attack, and he fires blindly at the incoming feet.

Haldir launches an arrow...
Haldir's bowshot hits Sachem, mildly wounding him.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Laughing wildly is Bugzlok shouting at the elves inside the flet "Your going burn tree rats!!" Your going to burn!!" and still laughing he once again attacks the flets wall with his Scimitar, again with an overhead strike.


Bugzlok attacks Defense Flet with his Scimitar, but he misses by a mile.


[Bulburz(#15635)]
Did Bulburz miss or was he just practicing? He trys to cover up the wayward swipe with another slice from his scimitar as he turns around and round like a top baby, right round round as he sways from his rope...

Bulburz attacks Defense Flet with his Scimitar, but he misses by a hair.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem howls as an arrow stings the bottom of his foot. But thankfully the calluses are thick from years of running through the mines. He growls and swings back out and then comes swinging back, aiming to crash through the entire wall with his body and enter the fire-box.

Defense Flet collapses to the ground, defeated by Sachem!


[Gunk(#29384)] 
Gunk finishes off the snaga. Wincing from the arrowhead buried in the meat of his thigh, the shaman goes back to work as the battle teeters on teh brink of fresh meat or another night of foraging. Discarding ceremony, Gunk finds his last sack containing a critter and opens it up. Pulling the furry creature by its ears, Gunk smiles at it as it looks back with innocent black eyes. "For the Flame, may she put leaf ear meat in my belly tonight!"


[Bulburz(#15635)]
Falling through the air as the rope gives way and the Flet is broken from the tree, Bulburz falls softly into a pile of snow below. His imprint the only thing visible until his wicked snow covered visage pops up. "Did I kill it?!" he asks none in particular but apparently taking the credit none the less.


[Witch-king(#28583)]
And with a groan of aching wood, charred and ravaged by flame, the unusual flet of the Ndaedeldhrim finally is broken by Sachem's raucous swing. Ropes snap and fray, the entire construction lurches of one side, and with a roar of hot air the floor of the flet gives way!

Woe bedtide any not fleet enough of foot to jump to the safety of the boughs it was built upon...


[Witch-king(#28583)]
A mighty cheer of triumph erupts from the throats of the uruk-hai below, and while one hapless wretch is caught by the falling inferno, the other warriors of the Eye hungrily gaze upward to the tree-tops, and as one they surge forth to begin scaling its heights and find their prey.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         As the flet collapses and falls, so do the Uruk scouts that were hacking at it, as Bugzlok falls he lands roughly headfirst in a snowdrift, cursing loudly as he lands. Another of the scouts are not so lucky for he too falls upon his head, but lands with a /SMACK/ upon the hard ground, dead.


[Sudanir(#31361)]
The flet crashes down, and with the compromised structure remaining, it all threatens to fall to the forest floor. Sudanir takes a running jump, trying to make it to the next branch over, before the enemy is upon him.


[Bulburz(#15635)]
The snow covered Bulburz over waste deep for such a smallish misty mountain uruk replys to Grunk's prayer to the Flame. "Aye, we eat well tonight, the sweet meat and salty marrow is ours, find their still beating hearts and put an end to that terrible sound!" Bulburz scans the snow for an elf that may have fallen near him...


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Half wedged into the side panel that he has crashed into, Sachem is being pulled down out of the air. Before he goes, he lashes out at any moving target he can before he falls with it to the ground.


Sachem attacks Sudanir with his Battle Axe and severely wounds him!


[Bagurat(#24847)]
Fire, wood, elves, and orcs rain from the canopy, and where Bagurat had been observing the situation with nasty entertainment, she is there no longer; plummetting debris is a convincing enough reason to forget amusement for the moment. As the robed orc attempts to slip further out of the way falling-death, she trips over something in the snow: upon closer inspection, it is the scout Bugzlok.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
Alas, elves do not land like wind-fallen fruit! For Haldir folds neatly, casting himself from the floor of the telain ere it falls in, and descending with the wreckage his feet search for purchase, solid, upon the ground. The wooden pieces fall toward his head -- with a draw and swipe of his longsword, he slices away at the weight, dividing it into two pieces that fall by either side.

[Combat(#13388)] Haldir wields Longsword.


[+POLL] Announcement: Bagurat(#24847) has changed the poll to: Haldir: Flet-Bane!


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Shaking his head as the Shaman trips over him and spitting snow, Bugzlok says "We brings it down." shaking his body so as to knock the snow off him he reaches back into the snow and picks up his Scimitar, looking to the Shaman he grunts and says "We burn them tonight!"


[Bulburz(#15635)]
Nose to the cold night air as crimson rain showers the white blanketed forest floor; Bulburz snorts in deeply, "Ahh, the sweet smell of blood." His jaws salivate, as he smacks his lips. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the blood of elves smell a lot like..." he pauses, "Chicken?" He cackles and furrows his brow. The lines cutting deep into the imps features. "Come on?! Where's dinner?!" he says looking for an opponent.


[Sudanir(#31361)]
Sudanir is struck as he runs, and rather than leaping to safety, he is cut down, tumbling to the floor of the ruined flet. Though his armor catches much of the damage, he is still bleeding. Bow still in hand (amazingly) he rolls to the side to shoot upwards at his attacker.

Sudanir launches an arrow...

Sudanir's arrow flies wide, doing no harm.


[Sachem(#32030)] 
Sachem is without a rope and is being carried down by the flet. He falls and lands atop the heap of debris. Luckily for him though, the side on fire has fallen into the snow and is snuffed out for the moment. Pushing free of the wreckage, the mountain king looks around while shaking the cobwebs free from his head.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
"Yes," answers the masked shaman to the scout, "I can see that." Cursing for a moment at the arrow-wound in her side, Bagurat crawls herself up out of the snow, and she turns her gleaming yellow gaze to survey the scene of wreckage. Her unseen nose wrinkles at Haldir's wood-slicing prowess. "That one," drawing her own scimitar, she points him out the Bugzlok. "Shall die."

COMBAT - Wielded: Blackened Scimitar


Bulburz spots Haldir, and weather foolish or drunken with blood lust it is no matter. The snow covered imp - over knee deep in the white stuff snarls, "Here chicky-chicky-chicky!" the Thrakburzum uruk taunts as he lunges forward at the swift footed Silvan elf, "Come to papa" He chortals, though at his own folly. The goblin blade swipes through the brisk winter air hissing its way towards Haldir...

Bulburz attacks Haldir with his Scimitar, but he misses by a mile.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
"<Sindarin> Fly, Sudanir, fly! Alert your brethren," comes a clear voice from the Galadhrim, seeing the rain of blood that falls.

But Bulburz's scimitar does not swipe, for the marchwarden whirls aside, unhindered by the snow beneath his feet. "What foolish sounds you make," is all he says, his steely gaze malicious. The steel of his sword provides a response: it flashes out towards the goblin's throat.


Haldir attacks Bulburz with his Longsword and moderately wounds him!


[Kuuth(#30572)]          One lone snaga slinks away from the huddled mass of the lesser orcs, somehow escaping the immediate attention of the Uruk-hai in immediate charge of the group. The yellow orbs of his eyes dart to and fro, waiting for the lash that is sure to come. Yet the chaos of the battle field has bought him the needed time. Twig-like digits dig through the pack of the fallen scout until the snaga finds his prize. Two quick tugs have Kuuth raising a frying pan above his head. The handle is badly damaged and is sure to fall off at any moment. Carefully he settles the cookware on top of his dome. There will be less pain now when the head-thumping occurs. Then as quickly as he slipped off, the snaga makes his way back to the larger group, doing his best to disappear and become just one of the crowd once more.


[Sudanir(#31361)]
Sudanir seems to be the last to hit the ground. He strikes the base of the tree first, before rolling away a few turns. Struggling to get up, and amazed to still find his bow in his hand, he catches sight of Haldir, fighting several orcs. He does not like Haldir's request, but with his lips pursed to a thin, grim line, he nods and turns, running in the direction of least resistance, for the nearest tree.


[Bulburz(#15635)]
Bulburz' gutteral chortals turn to high pitched squeeks as his head is nearly severed from his shoulders by the elven steel. If not for his defensive and sudden recoil, Bulburz' head would be flying away from the rest of his body, but instead the blade draws a line across his throat - not silencing the wicked hiss but exasperating it. Bulburz howls like a furnas, as his black blood steams from his toad like skin and fouls the forrest floor. The goblin throat is cut. But the imp is used to the taste of his own blood.

Bulburz dives forward determined to let his own orcish metal taste the flesh of his sworen foe with the delusion he still may eat the meat of his enemy.
        The goblin blade slashes back and forth like a tongue thirsting for some blood to drink...

Bulburz attacks Haldir with his Scimitar, but Haldir parries the attack with his Longsword!


[Bagurat(#24847)]
And even as Haldir attacks the Morian wolf-rider, Bagurat steals off through the snow, doing her best to shove her way along and kick the hindering white stuff out of her path. A hiss greets the dueling marchwarden as she nears, but nothing more. In her left hand she raises something she had snatched up from the ruins: a piece of burned wood, held aloft as a crude shield of somesorts. With a turn of her weapon holding hand, the shaman sends a swipe of her own for Haldir's side.

[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat] Wearing: Piece-o-Wood

You attack Haldir with your Scimitar...
[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat]
Haldir parries your attack with his Longsword!


[Haldir(#25231)] 
There is one attack -- and another. Haldir steps back quickly, wasting no breath on words just as Bulburz has fallen silent. The marchwarden grips the hilt of his longsword with both gloved hands and swings swiftly across from Bulburz to Bagurat, at chest-level: it bats away both Morian and Mordain scimitar, one sharp clang after another.

The Silvan's blade continues on its path, slicing the bitter air to attack Bagurat's own side...


Haldir attacks you with his Longsword!...
...and you parry his attack with your Scimitar!


[Bulburz(#15635)]
Blood still gushes like a waterfall down the neck and check of Bulburz as he is joined by the witch-orc in his hunt to taste elvish blood, "Two blades better than one!" he manages to croak - his lips black with his own blood - his voice like gravel from the wound to his throat.

Bulburz rushes forward to try and make contact with the fleet footed marchwarden with the ancient iron cast from under the Misty Mountains...

Bulburz attacks Haldir with his Scimitar and lightly wounds him!


[Bagurat(#24847)]
But the parries are not over, it seems; for as Bagurat's blade is batted away, it swiftly jerks back up again to block the returning strike of elven sword. A nastily gleeful laugh slips from behind the beaked mask, and encouraged perhaps by Bulburz's successful strike, the witch-orc lets her scimitar seek Eldarin flesh once again.

You attack Haldir with your Scimitar...
[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat]
Haldir dodges your attack.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
The Morian scout's scimitar scores a thin red line across the elvish arm, and Haldir grimaces slightly -- serving to fuel a cold wrath.

Pulling the blocked longsword away from the witch-orc's attack, Haldir sidesteps the Mordain scimitar, and this takes him toward Bulburz. And also the dubious safety of the dark forest. The marchwarden's longsword flashes out towards the Morian, but his attention already wanders for the escape.
 
Haldir attacks Bulburz with his Longsword and lightly wounds him!


[Bulburz(#15635)]
Bulburz black tongue licks the tip of his blade, "Elvish blood, sweet as beorning women's honey pots!" he girgles from his own cut throat with a ferrited glance at Bagurat. Distracted by his licking while glancing at Bagurat, the blade of Haldir long and wispy sword strikes the morian wolf rider a second time - this time catching his chest and shoulder.

In reaction is Bulburz howls and curses, "Skai! You interupt my licking?!" His curved goblin blade slicing directly downward at Haldir's head...

Bulburz attacks Haldir with his Scimitar, but he misses by a long shot.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
Undetered by the miss, the shaman seizes the opportunity when Haldir turns his focus to the Morian, and she takes a pace closer. The orc-blade is flung around for the Elf's shoulder, if he is not quick enough. "Pay attention, skai!" Bagurat manages to growl lowly to Bulburz as he glances her way.

You attack Haldir with your Scimitar...
[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat]
Haldir dodges your attack.


[Haldir(#25231)] 
But both scimitars seek blood in vain, for Haldir lowers his head to evade the Morian wolf-rider's blade, smooth flaxen locks slipping forward in what might nearly be a graceful bow. Then the witch-orc's attack seeks an elven shoulder -- but no meat is to be sliced there, for the marchwarden dodges this too, a fierce, gleaming smile flashing in the fire-light as he leaps back.

Yet one Elf cannot fight a myriad of orcs, so Haldir must flee, and he darts towards the trees, lightly booted feet leaving nary a print in the bloodied snow...

[Combat(#13388)]
Haldir dodges aside Bagurat, and manages to escape!

Haldir follows the well worn path to the southwest.
Haldir has left.


[Witch-king(#28583)]
As the erstwhile Marchwarden takes his leave, the orcs scaling the tree cry out in triumph nonetheless; it seems one of the Eldar at least did not survive the assault. As their wretched, twisted bodies descend once more to the gnarly earth they bear his fair body down as though a trophy of great import.

Of course, there's no telling who will eventually claim the spoils -- Morian or Mordain -- but for now at least they seem sated in their bloodlust.

 


Date added: 2010-09-26 15:35:57    Hits: 102
Powered by Sigsiu.NET RSS Feeds