Elendor Info

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Logs

Shire Road Trip VI: Inn-Yard Encounters

Tags: brandebras,  boldibad,  nob

Short Summary: Boldibad and Torebras sense a shady character in the Innyard of the Prancing Pony.
Date (real-life): 2011-04-19
Scene Location: Inn-Yard at the Prancing Pony Inn, Bree
Date (in-game): September 18,1452
Time of Day: Late night
Weather: Overcast
Logfile from Elendor.

Inn-yard
An open air inn-yard is enclosed in the center of the Prancing Pony's compound. The yard is ringed in by the north and south wing of the Pony, and the eastern section of the building, which is set back into Bree-hill. On the fourth side bordering this yard is an archway, beyond which lies the Great East Road. The stables, which comprise the lower level of the south wing, are accessed through a set of large double doors.
Contents:
Brandebras
Nob
Boldibad's Coach(#4884OVae)
Obvious exits:
 Kitchen leads to Kitchen.
 Downstairs Hallway leads to Short Passage.
 Double Doors leads to Stables.
 Archway leads to Under the Archway.


Middle-earth time is:
Nighttime on Sunday, Day 18 of September.
Execute the +TIMEFRAME command for year information.

Real time is: 16:25:09 MDT on Tue Apr 19 2011.


================================== Bree Time ==================================
Real time: Tue Apr 19 16:25:11 2011
Bree time: Late Night <03:15:33> on Sunday of Autumn - September 18,1452
Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon
===============================================================================


Boldibad's Coach(#4884OVae)

    A medium-sized coach, with a compartment in the back. Two ponies are at the front of the vehicle, side-by-side, one brown with white spots, and one black with white patches. A driver holds the reins, sitting in a small seat up at the front of the coach. The Bolger coat-of-arms has been painted onto each side.


[Nob] It was a dark and stormy night. Ok, not really. But it is dark! And it might be going to be stormy! Clouds cover the sky, casting everything into shadow. A darker shadow slips out of a window, looks about slyly and starts to sneak out of the yard.


Boldibad leans up against the side of the coach, which is sitting near the stable (the ponies must be inside). He looks at his watch, and shakes his head silently, crossing his arms.


Another figure emerges from the back of the Inn, this one neither silent nor sneaky. Torebras Bywater, who has been back in Bree since last winter and is showing no signs of leaving again, puffs absently on his pipe as he gaze up at the stars.


[Nob] The sneaky figure doesn't notice Boldibad - though the coach itself is impossible to miss. He - she - it? - pauses, then starts to tiptoe past. Until a squeak from the door freezes it in place, staring over its shoulder.


Boldibad looks up suddenly as, perhaps, he catches sight of something through his peripheral vision. "You there," he calls, shifting his weight from the wagon to his legs. "Is that you, Brandebras?" He does not make any indication that he is aware of the third person.


Torebras is not looking at the tiptoeing figure. Not looking at anything else save the stars ... At the words from Boldibad he is brought uncomfortably back to earth. "What?" he enquires haughtily. "I am afraid, sir, that you have the wrong Bywater. You are speaking to Torebras Bywater, esquire." Only then does he think to ask the sensible thing: "And whom exactly do I have the pleasure of addressing? Not a burglar, I hope!"


[Nob] The silent figure shrinks back into shadows, eyes wide as someone speaks. He - she - it - is just opening its mouth to reply, when someone else speaks. Good grief! The yard is crowded!!


"Er, Torebras?" repeats Boldibad as he inches closer, squinting as he peers through the darkness. He stops and glances in the figure's direction, but continues on after a moment. "Well," he says with a chuckle, "I'll be a Took's uncle... I am no burglar--it's Boldibad! Of Budge Ford?"


"Why, Mister Bolger!" Torebras exclaims heartily. "I certainly did not think to find /you/ here - and at this hour. Has your coach suffered some mishap?" He remains blissfully aware that he and his fellow hobbit are not alone.
Whew. Saved! For the moment. But... trapped. The silent, sneaky figure holds perfectly still, only its eyes moving. Back and forth, back and forth... it tries a tentative, sliding step while the other two are conversing. The archway is just over there...


Boldibad puts a hand on his waist, and wipes his brow with the other. "And I did not think to find -you-. Anyhow, the coach is doing fine--we lost a pony just after arriving here, but I've finally obtained another." He looks in a few different directions, and trails off to another topic, "This land is strange. Even though I know I'm just imagining it, it always feels like... well, I guess it's like being watched--all the time! Like somebody else is here..." He shrugs.

Boldibad adds under his breath, "You never know when you're going to be robbed around here..."


"Nonsense!" Torebras exclaims stoutly, shifting his position as he does - so that, entirely by accident of course, he is now nearer to the lurker. "Bree's safe as houses. I can tell you, there were none of these robberies during /my/ tenure as Mayor. Of course, I have heard that the current Mayor is prone to backsliding ..." How comforting.


[Nob] Crack!

Uh oh.

The lurker freezes once more, holding his breath.


<OOC> Nob says, "it's breath"
<OOC> Nob says, "its, bah"


Boldibad nods, "Very well, then--that's what everybody else says, too." He begins to say something else, but cuts himself off when a cracking sound can be heard across the yard. "Er, did you hear that? Could have been a burglar..." He lowers himself down to a kneeling position (with some difficulty), peering off in the direction of the hidden male.


"A burglar?" Torebras' mouth falls open, so that the pipe hanging forgotten in one corner drops out and he has to fumble for it on the cold ground. "Surely you don't keep valuables in that coach of yours?" he asks Boldibad worriedly.


[Nob] If Boldibad catches sight of the figure plastered to the other side of the coach, he won't see much other than feet. Feet that sidle ever so cautiously another step sideways, towards the road.


<OOC> Nob says, "I assumed you werel ooking under the coach, Boldi?"
<OOC> You say, "Of course :)"
<OOC> Nob says, "Cool. :)"


Boldibad's eyes scan the Inn-Yard, and if he were not a hobbit, he might not have been able to spot the movement on the other side of his coach. "Look! Under my coach!" he says a little louder than he likely intended to. "Yes, there is something valuable in there--and I'm going to find out what it is! I'll be a Breelander if that isn't my acquaintance, Thasto Proudfoot--up to no good!" Suddenly, he catches himself and blushes and says to Torebras, who may or may not have taken offense to his Breelander wisecrack, "Er, 'beg your pardon..."


Torebras, pipe back in hand, frowns. "You wish to relocate to Bree?" he repeats blankly. The idea of anyone insulting /his/ hometown is just beyond the pale!

The rest of Boldibad's speech confuses him too. "I ... ah, that is, are you sure it isn't a cat?" he asks the flustered Shire-hobbit. "They do like warm spots out of the wind ... I tell you what, old fellow, shall I go and fetch a lantern?" Without waiting for aye or nay he disappears back into the Pony.


<OOC> Brandebras poses out, than ks for RP folks!
<OOC> Nob says, "thanks, Hugh!"
<OOC> You say, "Seeya Brand :)"
<OOC> Brandebras idles a few then goes


At the shout - for so it seems to the lurker - he (she, it?) takes off running. It seems to be .. hobbit-sized! How very odd.


Boldibad, alone, curses. "Just like your brother!" he calls at the closed door. Then, he turns and begins to sneak toward the coach. But, as the figure takes off, he stands up and shakes his fist. "I know what you're up to! Nob told me all about it!" He doesn't waste any time running over to the vehicle, to inspect its contents.


<OOC> Nob says, "It isn't Thasto, clearly. ;)"
<OOC> Boldibad just ICly thinks it is :)
<OOC> Nob says, "I figured it was some kid playing a prank. Hobbit tweenie, or human child. ;) But so long as Boldi can /think/ it was Thasto... Exactly!"

Date added: 2011-04-19 19:13:18    Hits: 74
Powered by Sigsiu.NET RSS Feeds