Elendor Info

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Logs

Too Nice a Day

Tags: Imladech,  Rinadan,  Narshaak,  Nurenhir

Short Summary: It is too nice a day for evil things to be lurking nearby. One particular troublemaker is dispatched.
Date (real-life): 2010-04-25
Scene Location: Great East Road, near Shepherding Village


--------------------------------Isengard Time---------------------------------
Real time is: Sun Apr 25 19:19:20 2010 - Elendor time is
Early Morning on a Clear Autumn Sunday, October 9, 3049
The Moon's Phase is: last quarter
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
It is very early morning -- the Breefolk and villagers and Dwarves camped within the perimeter of the half-built walls are just waking, and the delicious sounds of bacon and bread being prepared reach even to the man-high stones, high enough to prevent unwanted visitors but not yet strong enough to withstand siege.

Upon this wall, Nurenhir is perched with his feet hanging over the forest-side. The steward of Imladris is draped in a long, dark cloak, and a longsword lies next to him. He is standing watch -- but for what?


[Imladech(#30819)]
The sun rises over the horizon in the east, spreading its bright glow across the land. The horizon in the west offers no such bright light, but ever so slowly a speck grows on its far edge, coming along the Great East Road. A human is making his way east, clad in dark colors with a hammer and shield slung over his shoulder and a dark helm resting atop a small pack. Imladech makes his way along a familiar path.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
The snaking path of the Great Road is lined with trees and other deadening autumn foliage; one of these, a bush, gives a small shudder, rustling branches and what remain of its leaves. Something large and dark slips from within: it is the shape of a big orc, tall enough indeed to be nigh man-size. Limping a little, and favoring one side over the other, Narshaak moves herself behind the closest tree trunk, leaning against it; the rays of the sun shine down upon her shoulders, but the uruk-hai pays it no heed. She wrinkles her nose, however, sniffing. Smells like human? And there's something more... The Elf on the wall is hidden from her view by another bole.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
It is perhaps fortunate that the orc is hidden from the elf by the same tree trunk, and Nurenhir's attention is turned suddenly to the end of the road. His lips purse in hesitation, and casting a glance behind him to the breakfasting camp he slips off the wall, noiselessly, and moves west in the underbrush, toward that dark-clad speck.

If the elf senses the wounded uruk-hai, it does not add to his already-tensed demeanor.


[Imladech(#30819)]
Imladech carries on also; if he hears the rustle he gives no sign and the elf slipping off the wall does not change his course either. None the less, his eyes are indeed fixed carefully on the half-built town - grey eyes keenly searching it as though for some hint. The human makes his way on, long strides leading him swiftly over the once-great road.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
The smells are getting stronger..carefully, stiffly, the Isengarder inches along the side of the tree trunk, trying to manuever herself so as to catch a peek at the road beyond. When finally the orc's crimson eyes espy the darkling figure moving along it, she grins nastily, fingers tapping upon the hilt of a weapon as she watches for now. "Stupid troll stole the rabbits," hisses Narshaak, though perhaps loudly enough that the steward might hear, "but now I've got something better..."


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
Slowly, surely, Nurenhir passes from shadow to tree-shadow. Then, quite abruptly, he appears on the side of the road. The elf may hear a whisper of something not entirely leaf-like, but no. The odder, perhaps more dangerous stranger draws his attention, and he merely stands there, making no move as he waits for the human figure to approach.


[Imladech(#30819)]
"What's this?" Imladech asks, slowing his walk as Nurenhir suddenly appears on the road. His accent is slightly strange for these parts, but his tall appearance not totally out of sorts. One hand shifts easily to rest on the shaft of his war hammer and his gray eyes flick briefly to the rustling bush on the side of the road, indicating he is at least somewhat aware of what's happening. "It's too nice a day for trouble, even in these parts." His speech is the common speech, flecked occasionally with older archaic words.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
Too nice a day indeed, but alas.

The rustling of the undergrowth at Narshaak's feet ceases, for the skulking creature is motionless, waiting still from behind her chosen tree. Ah, and at last the second scent reveals itself in the form of Nurenhir, and the she-hai's red gaze flickers back and forth between the pair on the road. She simply observes for the time being, awful grin broadening further in delight and what might be hungry greed. One gloved claw clutches the hilt of her broadsword tightly in supressed excitement, and she contents herself with watching.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
The hand that holds the sword sheath crosses the elf's chest, and he bows. "Indeed, it is pleasant," he says politely, eyes following Imladech's stray gaze. It is hard to tell if that hooded, dark glance discerns the malevolently delighted orc, but Nurenhir continues to address the man: "Are you a stranger, sir?"


[Imladech(#30819)]
"A stranger to you, no doubt." Imladech replies, his hand sliding off his war hammer again. "But I have been around these parts for some time now." He moves closer to the elf, hands held out palm upwards in peace, "I am Rinadan."


[Narshaak(#16331)]
Slowly, irritatedly, the uruk-hai's brow furrows; this is taking too long. She emits a small snort at the introductions and pleasant talk, and leans back onto the gnarled trunk of the oak. Narshaak grimaces at the feel of the hardwood against the wound on her back. She brushes some left over brown dust from her leather clad shoulder, muttering again about stolen rabbits.

Then, the orc appears to come to a decision, and she stoops suddenly; rustling noises come again as she searches the ground near the bush at her booted feet. An object is thrown whizzing onto the road from that direction, and it rolls to a stop nearby First and Second Born. It is a stone.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
"I am called Nurenhir." The elf smiles, gently, and steps forward to reciprocate the gesture. "You may know that we have had trouble with the creatures of the Trollshaws." But a stone zips in from the forest, bouncing into Nurenhir's intended path. His smile grows cold, his eyes flickering momentarily to the man's own.

Without warning, the elven steward draws a knife from his belt; his arm blurs, flicking the weapon back to where the stone came from. Are the morning shadows dark enough to conceal Narshaak's injured form?


[Combat(#13388)] Nurenhir wields a dagger.

[Combat(#13388)] Nurenhir throws a dagger...
Nurenhir removes Dagger.
Ow! You've been injured for 2 hp's by the dagger-throw.
ARB: Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Imladech(#30819)]
"Nurenhir." Imladech nods, not struggling with the elvish name at all. Then his own demeanour turns dark as a stone skips across the path, "I know there is trouble in these parts, but I did not suspect the elves." Then, as Nurenhir's dagger flies out he relaxes somewhat, "No friend of yours?" And the stranger's hammer is out in a flash, his keen eyes turned towards the brush to see what happens next.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
The bush gives a shrill yelp as the elven dagger plunges into it, threading its way through leaf and twig to strike flesh.

And quite abruptly, the Isengarder is standing again, stumbling slightly from the cover of the bush and tree to now halt on the road. The pesky knife is torn free from skin and leather, and is cast roughly in anger to the ground. "Friend?" Narshaak spits, eyeing the two in front; the broadsword is drawn at last. "I think not." The red regard lingers over Imladech for a moment before it flashes amusedly to Nurenhir. "Back for more, leaf-ear maggot? I would love to tease those old wounds of yours again."

COMBAT - Wielded: Short Broadsword


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
The elf's eyebrows arch in concern at the man's initially dark reaction. But then he steps a pace away from Imladech, grasping the hilt of his longsword firmly in one hand and pulling it free. It is cold and bright, as is the glitter of Nurenhir's glare and the contemptuous cant of his head. "You look ill, yourself," he comments, unmoving.

[Combat(#13388)] Nurenhir wields Longsword.


[Imladech(#30819)]
Imladech sighs tiredly, eyes flicking between the Uruk-Hai and the Elf as he fiddles with his shield to attach it to his arm. He too takes a step back, forming a triangle between himself, Nurenhir and Narshaak. "Shall we call for help?" He asks, pointing with his chin to the town, but his expression does not convey concern.

[Combat(#13388)] Imladech puts on Leather Shield.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
"I don't need your concern," the she-hai snarls to the Elda, whose bright glare is met with the orc's own malicious stare. "Yes, shout for aid, human," the eyes flicker to the other. "Cowardly worms. There are others of my kind visiting this forest, and I shall not call for them. I don't need their assistance," she stretches her up in display, but scowls with a fresh growl of pain, and she rubs at her back.

Nevertheless, Narshaak half stumbles, half leaps forward, letting the orc-blade fly for elven flesh; clearly this creature wants repayment for the dagger throw before she does aught else.

You attack Nurenhir with your Short Broadsword...
[Combat(#13388)->Narshaak]
Nurenhir dodges your attack.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
"No, Rinadan," Nurenhir replies, eyes darting a moment to the Man, "the villagers will panic."

The she-hai stumbles forward, and the elf dodges as the blade dances by; chasing close after, he strikes out at the orc with the longsword tip. An angry blow, doubtless given in return for all the peskiness Narshaak has caused recently.


Nurenhir attacks you with his Longsword!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 16 hp's by Nurenhir's attack...
...you have 66 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Imladech(#30819)]
"Well we hope not for panic then." The so called Rinadan replies and an eerie smile flickers across his face, like a child toying with a bad idea. He steps towards the fray, hammer held with frightening ease. His pale eyes flick between the two and he hesitates for a moment.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
The she-hai gives a cry, and the Elf's longsword comes away dripping black. The orc's weaponless hand thrusts downward to press against her torn side, and she steps away from that wretched elven blade. Two targets make the uruk-hai pause in consideration. Imladech's hesitation brings a swift grim smile to Narshaak cracked lips, and she lunges awkwardly to bring her broadsword for the Man's leg.

You attack Imladech with your Short Broadsword...
[Combat(#13388)->Narshaak]
Imladech dodges your attack.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
Nurenhir's back is turned from the man, and as Narshaak moves to attack him, the elf steps away, perhaps out of respect for the wide hammer-range of Imladech. He does remain close, however, hands hefting the longsword uneasily, as if its grip were unfamiliar to him.


ARB: Nurenhir has "passed" on his turn to attack.


[Imladech(#30819)]
It's only a moment but it stretches on, as Imladech watches the fight unfold. His fist flexes over the shaft of the hammer and his gaze flickers again briefly to the Shepherding Village. Then he moves in a flash, his motions clearly practised and his hands steady. The hammer rises in the clear morning light, then falls like an eagle from the sky, diving towards the Uruk-Hai.


Imladech attacks you with his War Hammer!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 31 hp's by Imladech's attack...
...you have 35 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
And dive the hammer does indeed, and there is a loud sickening sound that tells it strikes true, and hard. The orc is knocked aside by the sheer force of the attack, and the ground is there to welcome her; Narshaak lays motionless in the dirt, and amid foul cursing and hissing, she is noticably clinging her left arm to her side. It is broken, most likely. The broadsword is still gripped tight enough so that the ashen knuckles pale, but the length of steel is only held up in a bid at defense.


[Combat(#13388)->Narshaak]
You forego your chance to attack.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
Nurenhir looks to the man, his gaze unquiet, then warily to the orc. "Trouble the village no longer," he says quietly to Narshaak, approaching where she lies (the longsword remains held still, dark, dripping at his side), "not the Breefolk nor the Elves nor the Dwarves. Have you companions?"


[Imladech(#30819)]
Imladech spits in disgust, one hand reaching back to grasp a dark helm and fix it over his head before he strides forward to where the orc lies fallen. There he stands, tall with a black dragon helm obscuring his features. "If you wish for no more trouble then kill it, first born!" He hisses darkly, "Else you will never be free of it. It will crawl after you with undying hatred as long as there is breath in its body."

[Combat(#13388)] Imladech fits a black dragon-helm to his head.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
It does not look as if the uruk-hai will be doing much crawling after any time soon, but no doubt she would if she could.

At the stewards request Narshaak snarls anew. "We'll burn you village down again, filth, and taste the blood of those who waste their time and effort to rebuild it. We ruined it before, and can ruin it once more. I've companions, of course..." the orc seems to growl to herself after this, perhaps angry at herself for traveling alone. The limp arm she still craddles, but slowly, tediously, the creature begins to attempt to inch herself backward while on the ground. A black pool of blood is about her. Her wary and hate filled eyes never leave the human nor the Elf.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
The elf's grey gaze regards Narshaak gravely, a flicker of sadness to be found therein. "But you will not," he tells the orc quietly, and the longsword flicks out at her sword-wielding arm.


Nurenhir attacks you with his Longsword!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 1 hp's by Nurenhir's attack...
...you have 34 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Imladech(#30819)]
'Rinadan' is silent, watching from behind the visor of his helm.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
At the sudden motion of the longsword, the creature flinches, attempting to wrench the claw away, but not quick enough; her only response is to spit toward the Elf's feet, and Narshaak fumbles with the broadsword to pull it upward through the air, seeking to batter away either elven weapon or the hand that holds it -- whichever is within reach. The hilt is slippery with her own blood, and with a dull clatter the orc-blade falls from her hand afterwards.

"It matters not," the orc says at last, speaking to both. "The others shall come, and you will know and fear the power of the Fighting Uruk-hai before this pathetic town is finished."


You attack Nurenhir with your Short Broadsword...
[Combat(#13388)->Narshaak]
Nurenhir parries your attack with his Longsword!

Removed: Short Broadsword.
You drop Short Broadsword.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
A flash of unclean blade: the steward's sword flickers in return, meeting it with a clang, and the former falls to the ground. Nurenhir comes closer, stooping, until he is nearly crouching in front of the wounded Narshaak. "Whence," he asks, voice a terrible whisper, "came these Fighting Uruk-hai?"


[Imladech(#30819)]
"Finish it." The human urges darkly, "It will give you no help." He steps closer, still holding his hammer menacingly, "Or let it go and follow it." Imladech suggests, his voice dropping a little. He studies the bleeding Uruk-Hai at his feet unpityingly.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
Narshaak hisses sharply, trying once again in vain to push herself back and away as the steward draws up close. Her bloody right hand twitches as though she would rather claw at the Elf in answer, but she does not. In fact, she stays completely silent for quite a time, managing a dreadful mocking grin. "My home is in the South," is all the she-hai says, and resumes her glaring at her foes. Her crimson gaze drops briefly to search for the dropped short broadsword.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
"The south," Nurenhir muses quietly, sighing as the man bids him to kill. He straightens -- perhaps whatever questions he had intended to twist from the Uruk-hai appear to be in vain. Slow steps take him towards her side, skirting the pool of dark blood.

"They will not mourn for you there," the elf decides. And then the longsword flies out again, seeking Narshaak's throat.


Nurenhir attacks you with his Longsword!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 6 hp's by Nurenhir's attack...
...you have 28 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Imladech(#30819)]
Imladech relaxes, loosening his tense hold on his hammer. He slowly begins to undo his shield from his arm, gesturing towards the village, "The shepherding village is being rebuilt?" He asks, apparently unconcerned that the blow may not have been fatal yet.


[Narshaak(#16331)]
The Isengarder manages a pained jerk that sees the longsword cutting the top of the shoulder rather than the intended neck. Fatal it may not have been, and yet Narshaak continues her cursing, but now a few muttered words are discernable. "..Wolf, Wolf, White Wolf..." she appears to be groaning to herself, but at Imladech's casual question the orc shoots a dark look upward. "Fire arrows will burn it down. They build in vain, for nothing...kill them all, burn it all..."


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
Nurenhir gazes down at the bleeding orc, a sort of cold pity in his voice as he speaks to the man, "Yes, Hir Rinadan. These creatures attacked it with fire last winter. The Dwarves and Men have returned to fortify it." The longsword flashes again, towards Narshaak's chest, swifter and more urgent this time, as if he would stop having to look down at the bleeding being.


Nurenhir attacks you with his Longsword!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 11 hp's by Nurenhir's attack...
...you have 17 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Imladech(#30819)]
"As I said, nothing but filth coming out of his mouth. If he cannot pursue you with violence he hopes to leave you with fear." Imladech watches the spectacle with disgust, slowly taking off his helm now. Something of what the Elf says causes him to jerk his head up, keen eyes studying the village more carefully now. He attempts to cover it, pointing at the persistant uruk, "Like an ant that keeps on squirming no matter how many times you step on it."


[Narshaak(#16331)]
The creature scowls fully, spiting for a third time. "Ants are the pitiful goblins that hide in their wretched holes. Small, weak, and afraid of the stupid sun. Our Master made us bigger, stronger, and undaunted by the yellow eye." Her insulted expression does not fade, and finally the searching right claw lands upon the bloodied hilt of the orc-sword, and she snatches it back up again, drawing it close against herself. Then, in a last attempt, the right arm blurs in a rapid motion as the weapon is cast airborne; it is the insulter that it seeks.

[Combat(#13388)] Imladech removes a black dragon-helm from his head.
[Combat(#13388)] Imladech takes off Leather Shield.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
"You mean to say that you are but a stronger insect," Nurenhir suggests calmly, stepping aside. The longsword flickers at his side but he does not attack the Uruk-hai again; the elf looks to Imladech, perhaps urging him to provide the finishing blow.


[Imladech(#30819)]
Imladech steps back from the attempted strike, then kicks the sword even further away from the fallen Uruk-Hai, "He speaks true, however. There are always more - why rebuild here? And why do Dwarves and Elves help? What interest do they have?" He glances briefly at the elf, picking up the silent request, and hefts his hammer high.

"I said it was too nice a day for trouble." The hammer rises and falls in a tight angle, aiming for Narshaak's head in the hope of a swift finish.


Imladech attacks you with his War Hammer!...
...and he hits! Ouch!
Darn! You've been knocked to 0 HP by Imladech's attack!
You are critically wounded, and will die soon without a +HEAL'er.
See HELP COMBAT DEATH for more information. Good luck!


[Narshaak(#16331)]
Too nice a day..and the nightfall of this day is one thing the orc will never see.

The hammer accomplishes that which the longsword could not, and the dark that falls is seen by one alone -- and it is not wordly nightfall. The human's weapon breaks through bone easily, and the uruk-hai emits an awful gurgling moan before falling limp over the dirt. She moves no more.


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
Quietly, Nurenhir watches the blow fall, the glitter in his eyes oddly sad. But then he turns away, wiping the longsword on the edge of his cloak. "Rinadan," he murmurs. "We honor the efforts of those whose fathers were allied to us, the Free Peoples. Will you join us, then? They will soon break their fast."


[Imladech(#30819)]
'Rinadan' steps to the side of the road, wiping his hammer and his dirtied boots on some grass before returning his hammer to its resting place and facing the elf. An odd smile flits across his lips at the new offer, "Thank you, no." He says quietly, shaking his head, "I'm not one for lots of people, I will continue on my way. But perhaps we will meet again."


[Nurenhir(#14756)] 
"Perhaps," says Nurenhir with a slight smile (still made uneasy by the presence of the slain Uruk-hai). Dark tresses slip forward in a bow, and then the Elf begins back toward the half-mended village, away from the strange man and dead Narshaak.


[Imladech(#30819)]
Imladech stands unmoving for several minutes while the elf moves away. At last he stirs, frowning at the dead body of the orc at his feet, "From the south, you say?" He murmurs, as though it might answer now. Then he shakes his head glancing at the sun as though for answers, and moves forward again. East he heads, but gives the village a wide birth.

 


Date added: 2010-04-26 01:22:19    Hits: 71
Powered by Sigsiu.NET RSS Feeds