Elendor Info

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Logs

Dwarven grudges

Tags: Imladech,  Damlur,  Frarin,  Ollie

Short Summary: The dwarves of the Blue Mountains seek in the Trollshaws for the man Imladech, and find him
Date (real-life): 2010-10-25
Scene Location: Trollshaws, near the Sheparding Village
Date (in-game): Day 10 of April, 3051
Time of Day: Late night
East Road - Near the Trollshaws

The woods to the north have begun taking over the road, their high branches forming an umbrella that blocks out the waxing gibbous moon and stars. Off to the south, more trees are present, completing the canopy overhead. The road is narrow here, the woods looming.

Contents:
Damlur
Nob
Imladech
Painfully Obvious Net Trap
Obvious exits:
East and West

Ollie comes along the long, winding road from the east.
Ollie has arrived.

[Imladech(#30819)]
A beautiful spring night graces the otherwise haunting surrounds of the Yfeld. A half-moon glitters brightly, sharing its glory with the sharp spears of the stars as it traverses slowly across the sky. The great east road stretches on here, marching undaunted through the wild lands. At this point a forest grows thick about the road, ominous with its looming shadows. The night is eerily silent.

But then the silence is broken. In the distance, from the east, the sound of horses hooves can be heard - a stranger approaches. Clad in dark colors with a torch in hand, a tall figure rides on a horse, features obscured by cruel black dragon-shaped helm.

[Frarin] In a small dell off of the canopied road is a tiny company of dwarves. A smoldering campfire burns at the center of their small camp, but its warmth is now nearly gone as the night lengthens. Almost all of the party are now asleep, but one is awake on watch and this is the silver merchant Frarin. He sits upon an old, rotting log, arms crossed over his beard as he scowls gruffly at the night. A long pipe protrudes from his mouth, the thin stem clenched between his teeth as a lazy tendril of blue-gray smoke wraps itself about his brow.

Yet the merchant's silent watch is broken by the sound of a horse's hooves. Blinking in surprise, Frarin sits up straight, chewing the end of his pipe. As the figure of the horseman materializes, Frarin is coming suddenly to his feet. A sharp warning is given to the sleeping dwarves, who begin to stir.

[Damlur(#30238)]     Off on one side of the old road that passes through, in the shadows of darkness cast by the trees north of the road and distant enough from the Dwarf camp not to be seen, there might be seen a Dwarf-shaped figure. It is difficult to tell, though, given that it, too, seems to be wearing black.

    When the sound of hooves break the air, though, this shadowed figure stirs, and removes something from its back.

[Combat(#13388)] Damlur puts on Metal Helmet.
[Combat(#13388)] Damlur wields Axe of the Doorwarden.
[Ollie(#15066)] Somewhere in the night, the air shifts, and a branch cracks.

[Imladech(#30819)]
As the figure draws closer he can be seen more clearly in the light of his own torch. Besides his helmet he wears a shield on one arm, leather armour beneath his cloak and on his back is strapped a war hammer. He pulls near the dwarven camp, calling his horse quietly to a halt.

"Pleasant evening, Master dwarf." The stranger calls from behind his black, winged helm. "These woods are no place for the honest traveller - what brings you to this shadowed grove?" There might be detected a note of humour, of disdain, in his tone.

The hidden shadow in the trees is not noticed by the rider - but he may well have been noticed by others, for he is not the only shadow who waits quietly on the edge of the forest.

[Frarin] As his fellows rouse themselves, Frarin draws forth from under his cloak a heavy blue war hammer, which he settles gently into both hands as the stranger approaches. The merchant's eyes narrow and a frown descends over his already grumpy-looking face. This expression is deepened when the horseman speaks.

"What brings you, stranger?" Frarin returns gruffly. "Honest travelers have at least the decency to sleep when night descends. You choose an odd time to travel."

[Damlur(#30238)]     The Dwarf-shadow in the woods begins to carefully move towards the road, making sure to stay within shadow when it can. A heavy battle-axe, what it was removing from its back, rests in its hands now. It stops under a shadow near the road, eyeing the horseman and his horse.

[Ollie(#15066)] More rustlings and cracklings - not close, but not far either - as of something very massive, getting rather bored.

[Imladech(#30819)]
The tall stranger nods as though accepting a good rebuff. He slides off his horse, patting it quietly on the neck. Even on his feet he towers above the dwarf, a tall human with dark grey eyes glinting behind the shadow of his helmet.

"I come with a message." The rider says at last, and when he speaks now his voice has turned grim, "From Imladech: You are not welcome in these parts. You may leave now, leaving behind your weapons and caravans. Or you will be forced to leave."

With that he is silent, watching the silversmith and the waking dwarves behind him.

[Frarin] At the horseman's pronouncement there comes a general muttering from the dwarves behind Frarin, who now finger blades and hammers with mutinous glares towards the new arrival. Frarin, for his part, allows his frown to deepen into a scowl when the stranger's words turn grim. He takes a step forward.

"From Imladech, mm?" he growls. "That traitor knows little of the dwarves he so unwisely made enemies of if he thinks such a message will scare us off. Tell him to force us, if he dares!"

[Damlur(#30238)]     The shadow-Dwarf's head tilts slightly to the side at the imperious message before it slowly moves back and forth. For now, the shadow remains silent and all but unmoving, waiting to see where things go before making its own move, perhaps.

[Ollie(#15066)] It is at this opportune time that, apparently, a storm-weakened tree gives up the struggle to stay vertical. A tremendous crash resounds through the woods, and the ground reverberates. The very air itself reverberates as well - in a deep basso sound, like a note plucked from some gigantic cello.

Or, if one were inclined to insane flights of the imagination - like a troll's giggle.

[Imladech(#30819)]
"Very well." The tall man says with a solemn nod, letting his torch drop to the ground. Then he yells "Hya!", striking his horse hard on the rump with one hand while reaching swiftly for his hammer with his other hand. "Now!" He cries aloud, but his cry is drowned out by the crashing of a tree; behind the mask a fey smile flashes.

And from the woods comes a harsh cry, feral and bloodthirsty - orcs, hidden in the trees, suddenly rise! A couple with bows, most armed with various crude weapons, perhaps twelve in total if anyone bothered to count. They descend on the camp with a violent shout, weapons bared.

[Combat(#13388)] Imladech reaches down and tears a rusty war hammer from it's loop on his belt, bringing it around to bear on his enemies!

[Frarin] "Gah!" Frarin cries out angrily, skipping back a step as the stranger sends his mount running. Perhaps the merchant mistakes the crashing tree as having been caused by the orcs who now break from the cover of the woods, for he pays it no heed, instead glaring first at the orcs and then back at the man. "The traitor! Still as foul as the evil you consort wih!" And spurred on by anger, Frarin charges the man, the head of his hammer swinging from the man's knee.

The other dwarves behind Frarin have fortunately had some time to ready themselves, such that they give whoops and cries of anger when orcs break from the trees. Blades flash in the smouldering light of the party's dying fire as the dwarves scramble to meet their attackers head on.

You attack Imladech with your War Hammer...
[Combat(#13388)->Frarin]
Imladech dodges your attack.

[Damlur(#30238)]     As the orcs burst out, so too does the shadow-Dwarf strides (as much as a Dwarf can) into what little light there is. Indeed, he is clad in armour painted black; no symbols of allegience or clan mark him out, and his hair and beard, too, are under armour. "Death you have earned, then," Rumbles the sable-clad Dwarf, ignoring orcs unless they come for him, as he strides towards the tall man. With the other Dwarves engaging the orcs, he focuses upon the rider. Running the last few paces, his battle-axe flashes out, aiming to, perhaps, take off an arm at the elbow.

    He pays no attention to crashing trees, or entertains ideas of daft trolls.

Damlur attacks Imladech with his Battle Axe, but he misses by a long shot.

[Imladech(#30819)]
"And the dwarves, still as foolish as the day I betrayed them." Imladech replies from behind his helm, but his voice lacks full conviction. Still, he moves with a practiced efficiency, blurring swiftly into the melee. His hammer is brought into a swift aggressive stance and he dances quickly out of the way first of Frarin's hammer and then Damlur's blurred strike from the side.

Then the human drives swiftly forward, hammer raised in a high arc and brought down heavily towards Frarin!

Imladech attacks you with his War Hammer!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 16 hp's by Imladech's attack...
...you have 81 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.

[Ollie(#15066)] The plucked note of air goes on and on. And on. And it melts somehow from the reverberation of a fallen tree into an eerie and uncanny noise. A basso giggle.. Oliver is quite pleased with himself, and he pats the shoved-over tree's trunk and giggles again.

There is the noise of shrill cries and yelps nearby, and he stops and looks up. A light of memory crawls into his eyes. Oh yeah. There was something more to do. He stands there for a while, brow furrowed with the effort of thought... what was it? The tree, yes. Push over the tree. And then...

Clarity dawns, and the troll howls gleefully, and thunders towards the sound of battle.

[Frarin] Heavy does Imladech's hammer land, catching first the side of Frarin's iron helm and then crashing down the side of his head to land atop his shoulder. It drives him to one knee, throwing off his balance and causing his eyes temporarily to cross. It also loosens his grip on his own hammer. Growling in frustration, the merchant does not bother to stand before he strikes out again. The spiked half of his heavy hammer sweeps out low, aiming to catch Imladech at the ankle.

Several dwarves risk a glance up from their own battles with the charging orcs. Is that a howl? A giggle? Or just the thunder of an approaching storm?

You attack Imladech with your War Hammer...
[Combat(#13388)->Frarin]
Imladech dodges your attack.

[Damlur(#30238)]     Whatever the sound is, until a source reveals itself, it does not seem to bother the sable-armoured Dwarf. Behind the great helm, a twitch of annoyance moves an eyebrow before he moves towards Imladech once more, great weapon sweeping out to catch the man in the side.

Damlur attacks Imladech with his Battle Axe, but Imladech parries the attack with his shield!

[Imladech(#30819)]
Imladech is a black blur in the torch-lit night, his skills and training as a Knight those many long years ago being put to questionable ends. He shifts, pulling back from Frarin's low swing, and jumping sideways to evade Damlur's. Then his hammer ventures abroad again - now seeking the heavily armoured skin of Damlur.

Meanwhile the orcs go about their business, laying into the camp of dwarves. One of them pauses, looking back into the woods and yelling, "Come on, Ollie!"

Imladech attacks Damlur with his War Hammer, but he misses by a mile.

[Ollie(#15066)] Oliver, nearly having been guilty of racing past the battle, stops himself and veers towards the sound of his name, bursting out into the clearing not far from the orcs. Grinning ferociously, the troll raises his club and brings it smashing down onto the ground - and anyone standing on that ground.

He drags it back up again, then halts, staring. "Carveens!" It is a gleeful shout, and the troll lets go of the club with one hand and snatches for a dwarf.

[Frarin] The poor dwarf unfortunate enough to find himself the target of Ollie's snatching hand gives a cry of pain as his feet leave the ground far behind. Several of his fellow shout battlecries as scramble to drive axes and hammers at Ollie's tree-trunk legs, though this is rather difficult, given the olog's lethal club.

"Gar, orcs and trolls!" Frarin growls, even more angrily now. "And you barely better! Your mask as black of your heart, traitor!" Driven to a fury but rarely awakened in the silver merchant, Frarin angrily charges Imladech again. He forces himself to his feet, slightly shakily, and swings the spike of his hammer at the side of the man's ribs.

You attack Imladech with your War Hammer...
[Combat(#13388)->Frarin]
Imladech parries your attack with his War Hammer!

[Damlur(#30238)]     The traitor is not the only one that is a blur against the night, for the sable-clad Dwarf slips to the side and out of the way of the human's hammer. He takes the opportunity presented and swings high, aiming for the man's head; though his head turns as Ollie makes his appearance, and seems briefly caught on which target to attack afterwards.

Damlur attacks Imladech with his Battle Axe, but Imladech parries the attack with his War Hammer!

[Ollie(#15066)] Oliver lets go his club entirely as he lifts the captured dwarf up to where he can admire it properly. "Carveens," he says again, happily. "Reddenblack." Just then his awareness is recalled to the other dwarves - mostly by the force of their hammers pounding on his legs, and he peers down. "Go way," the troll says irritably. He swats at them with his free hand, then stumps off a few paces to try and find a bit of peace in which to play with his new pet.

[Imladech(#30819)]
"I serve another master now, third born." Imladech says darkly, his voice almost sounding as though controlled by some one else, "You could always join me." He swings his hammer around, first clanging Frarin's hammer to the side, then driving Damlur's away from himself. He pivots, taking half a second to regain his feet after defending the two heavy blows, then turns on Damlur a second time in a row.

Now his hammer is brought around on a horizontal arc, aimed to crash into the side of the armoursmith.

Imladech attacks Damlur with his War Hammer and badly wounds him!

[Frarin] "Spoken like the orcs you join with," Frarin growls in return. "Only when I am dead!" When his hammer is struck away, he shakes his head as if to clear it from the earlier blow. This time when he advanaces on Imladech, it is the mallet of Frarin's hammer that swings out, sweeping horizontally through the air, crashing towards the man's hip.

You attack Imladech with your War Hammer...
[Combat(#13388)->Frarin]
Imladech parries your attack with his shield!

[Damlur(#30238)]     Air bursts out of the sable armoured Dwarf, and perhaps a muffle crack, as the rings of his mail are driven deep into his side. Stumbling away to the side, a hand briefly leaves the battle-axe to touch upon the side; if blood is flowing, though, 'tis hard to see in the dark. Once more, he speaks, breathing heavier.

    "Khazad serve no master, traitor, but the Fathers!" With that, he hefts his might axe and swings it as if chopping a tree, aiming at Imladech's legs.

Damlur attacks Imladech with his Battle Axe, but he misses by a long shot.

[Frarin] The other dwarves are hard pressed now, grouping together tightly as is their habit. They battle fiercely, blades and hammers flying wildly as they fight against the onslaught, and the greater numbers, of the orcs who have materialised from the woods.

[Imladech(#30819)]
Imladech deflects Frarin's blow with his shield, the wood groaning and splintering with the force. He grunts at the exertion, snapping with angry disdain, "They serve me, I do not join them for anything!" He leaps, avoiding Damlur's angry swipe and as he lands launches forward towards Frarin, hammer swinging out hard again.

Imladech attacks you with his War Hammer!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 17 hp's by Imladech's attack...
...you have 64 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.

[Frarin] "Oof!" Frarin is sent staggering backwards as Imladech's hammer connects solidly with the side of his chest. A sickening crunch follows, ensuring that several ribs are undoubtedly now broken. Falling again to one knee, the merchant's hammer is momentarily stilled by the blow, but even left near breathless, he manages to gasp a hissed reply. "Tis no different! Your master is the same!"

But then Frarin coughs and spits a mouthful of blood onto the ground before him. It is only weakly that he flings the spike of his war hammer towards Imladech's toes, and even this is only because gravity aids his attack.

You attack Imladech with your War Hammer...
[Combat(#13388)->Frarin]
Imladech dodges your attack.

[Damlur(#30238)]     "Into the night with you and your creatures," rumbles the black-armoured Dwarf, bringing his battle-axe back and swinging it around with a little effort and a quiet hiss of pain, aiming for Imladech's back. "The Dwarves shall not fall to you today!"


Damlur attacks Imladech with his Battle Axe, but he misses by a mile.

[Imladech(#30819)]
"There are leagues between me and them." Imladech says, cold fury etched in his voice, "They are nothing, while I will have position and honor and life. As for you!" The fallen Dunadan cries, pulling his foot back from Frarin's hammerblow, "You will die tonight in the cold dark and be eaten by the uruk you so hate!"

Yet, before the exiled knight can strike the fallen Frarin he is forced to escape Damlur's blow. Hissing angrily he swivels, bringing the pointy end of his hammer to bear as he swings it forcefully towards the sable-clad dwarf.

The orcs do their best without the aid of the fickle Ollie. They outnumber the dwarves, but they are outclassed in weapons, armour and strength.

Imladech attacks Damlur with his War Hammer, but he misses by a mile.

[Frarin] Frarin does not immediately press his attack when Imladech is distracted by the sable-clad dwarf. Upon both knees now, he leans briefly upon his hammer and again coughs blood. "Honor!" he spits when he staggers to both feet again. "Honor among vermin is like friendship among orcs - worthless!" And although he now flags, Frarin swings again with his heavy war hammer, the spiked end driving toward's Imladech's ribs.

You attack Imladech with your War Hammer...
[Combat(#13388)->Frarin]
Imladech parries your attack with his shield!

[Damlur(#30238)]     Perhaps having learned his lesson, the black-armoured Dwarf slides away from Imladech's hammer once more, and a laugh is barked. "You will have nothing but the taste of Dwarven steel!" With that, his axe is swung again for the man's legs, this time at his knees.


Damlur attacks Imladech with his Battle Axe, but he misses by a handspan.

[Imladech(#30819)]
"We shall see." The tall Dunadan says darkly, again blocking Frarin's strike with a resounding crash of wood and steel before dancing out of the way of Damlur's flying steel. He dodges out of the way then lunges forward, hoping to get inside the armoursmith's reach, his hammer swinging in a tight, sharp arc to gain the momentum it needs for the strike.

Imladech attacks Damlur with his War Hammer and badly wounds him!

[Frarin] Another rough cough steals away any chance that Frarin has of sending Imladech yet another retort. Instead, when the man's hammer again strikes the black-armored dwarf, Frarin seeks to take advantage of the man's distraction in silence. His hammer sweeps up in a wide arc, the spike driving towards Imladech's knee.

You attack Imladech with your War Hammer...
[Combat(#13388)->Frarin]
Imladech dodges your attack.

[Damlur(#30238)]     Another blow lands on the sable-clad Dwarf's upper torso, and there is certainly a crack heard this time. The Dwarf staggers back, coughing and breathing heavier; he takes a few brief moments before he steps forward just enough to be inside his axe's length; he hefts the blade and swings it once more for Imladech's head.

Damlur attacks Imladech with his Battle Axe, but Imladech parries the attack with his War Hammer!

[Imladech(#30819)]
"Fools, eat your words." Imladech sneers, eyes furious behind his black, dragon-topped helm. He moves through the night, again avoiding both of the Dwarves' blows, and turns again on Frarin. Now his hammer flies high, and descends like a bolt from the sky aimed to smite the unfortunate son of Aule.

Imladech attacks you with his War Hammer!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 21 hp's by Imladech's attack...
...you have 43 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.

[Frarin] And like a bolt from the sky, it strikes the unfortunate Frarin hard. It lands without mercy, crashing into the merchant's helmet. The quality of the iron helm and Frarin's instinctive twist away at the last moment save his life, but still the mallet slams into the side of the helm and slides down more, breaking Frarin's nose on its way and then once more rapping against his chest. Blood flooding down his chin, he staggers and then his legs give out, one hand only weakly keeping a hold of his hammer.

The merchant tumbles to the ground, his head snapping back against the earth as he falls. He glares up, vision clearly blurred by this newest blow to his head, but he manages to groan and growl roughly, "At least I eat them with honor, traitor."

[Combat(#13388)->Frarin]
You forego your chance to attack.

[Damlur(#30238)]     "BARUK KHAZAD!" Comes the bellow from the sable-clad Dwarf as he sees the strike to Frarin, all but throwing himself at the traitorous human, his battle-axe swinging in a great arc, aiming at Imladech's chest.

Damlur attacks Imladech with his Battle Axe, but he misses by a handspan.

[Imladech(#30819)]
"You know nothing of me!" Imladech roars, genuine hurt and fury tearing at his voice. He says no more, striving forward so that he evades Damlur's blow and comes near to the fallen Frarin, "You know nothing!" He cries, and swings his hammer again furiously, blinded now by rage so that he notices nothing else happening around him.

Imladech attacks you with his War Hammer!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 13 hp's by Imladech's attack...
...you have 30 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.

[Frarin] "I know enough! Your actions reveal your character!" Frarin growls, voice very gutteral as blood both coughs up from his chest and flows down from his nose. Already the tell-tale black bruises of a broken nose have appeared under his eyes, but they focus just in time to see Imladech's furious downward swing. The merchant is too slow to avoid it, but he does turn enough on his back to keep the heavy weapon from completely crushing his chest. It instead slams into his left arm, crushing wrist between mallet and earth and thereby bringing with it the snap of breaking bone.

Frarin's face tightens and he gives a cry of pain that he attempts to muffle into the dirt. Yet despite the fact that he offers no resistence, he glares up at Imladech with disgust. "What is a life," he growls weakly, "spent in such a way? Better to be dead than no more than an orc."

Yet while the silver merchant seems to be spitting his last words before what he surely anticipates is his death, the other dwarves are not faring so poorly. Spurred on by a few choice victories, they are rallying now, not merely defending their camp, but driving against their foes now. Driving them back towards the woods from whence they came.

[Combat(#13388)->Frarin]
You forego your chance to attack.

[Damlur(#30238)]     With a snarl beneath his helm as Imladech attacks the silver merchant again, the black-armoured Dwarf hefts his battle-axe. "Khazad! Khazad!" Bellows the Dwarf as he charges at the man, swinging his axe in an all-out attack, aiming at the traitor's side.

Damlur furiously attacks Imladech with his Battle Axe and mildly wounds him!

[Imladech(#30819)]
Imladech snarls angrily at Frarin's words, pure fury writ in his granite eyes - but the words seem to bite deep. Damlur's axe nicks off his armour causing little damage, but he does not seem to notice - his mind has wandered. The orcs fight on, doing their best, but the dwarven rally works. They drive past Imladech and he dodges out of the way, ignoring them all now. He storms into the forest - either assuming Frarin dead or not caring.

"Their bodies are yours." He says sharply to the orcish leader. "The weapons and armour we will split, as agreed. Those left alive we will hunt another day." And he is gone, leaving the somewhat bewildered orcs behind.


Date added: 2010-10-27 00:28:46    Hits: 68
Powered by Sigsiu.NET RSS Feeds