Elendor Info

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Logs

Only /You/ Can Prevent Forest Fires

Tags: Agmundr,  Bagurat,  Bugzlok,  Gildin,  Grimbeorn,  Witch-king

Short Summary: A group of orc scouts set Mirkwood trees ablaze to draw the Elves out of hiding. It works, but also brings a rampaging bear...
Date (real-life): 2010-09-20
Scene Location: North Mirkwood

[+TIME] Middle-earth time is:
Nighttime on Sunday, Day 26 of December.
Execute the +TIMEFRAME command for year information.

Real time is: 14:01:01 MDT on Mon Sep 20 2010.


Mirkwood

The view is blocked in all directions by towering dark trunks, holding heavy and crooked boughs hight above the ground. The strange ancient forest seems to draw more and more strenght from you as you travel deeper. Beneath you feets the forestbottom is frozen and around you the nighttime winter air is chilly.
To the west is a small gap between the bushes and a well used trail lies towards the towering trees, southwest of you.

Few bright stars merrily twinkle and sparkle high above you, indicating that the sky overhead is clear.

Contents:
Mara
Bugzlok
Morian Orc Camp
Orc Raiding Party
Obvious exits:
West, East, NorthWest, and SouthWest

Gildin emerges through the forest from the south west.
Gildin has arrived.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
A cold night has fallen, although it makes little difference to the darkness that already hangs about this dreaded forest. Here there is little comfort, and if any were to be found, surely it has been driven away by the evil presence that yet lingers here; tents litter this area, and all about is amassed a frightful horde of orcs. Shouts and gleeful laughter of gutteral voices fills the air. These creatures seem a bit more rowdy and excited this evening.

The answer might soon be discovered. For there at the edge of the Mordain encampment, stands the robed and masked form of Bagurat. She seems to be waiting for something, or someone perhaps.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         One of the many Uruks is the Scout Bugzlok.. He lanky form moves though the encampment headed towards the shaman, his is filthy this night covered in mud and dirt.. But a sly grin is upon his face. For about this Uruk are a number of water skins.. But from the smell of this uruk it is not water in these skins.. As he nears the shaman he grins and bows his head.. Closely behind Bugzlok is a group of scouts, all adorned with the same waterskins.. They group seems to radiate strong fumes.. Of something..

Grimbeorn emerges through the forest from the south west.
Grimbeorn has arrived.
Agmundr emerges through the forest from the south west.
Agmundr has arrived.


[Gildin(#11420)] Not too far off to the north, the trees have grown eyes and ears and well-hidden in their canopies there are some who watch this massed gathering of uruks. The shouting and blaring of the foul horde fills the nightly air and particular conversation may not even be heard by the finest ears. But keen eyes are set on the masked figure that stands at the edge of the camp.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
The yellow gaze from inside the beaked helm follows the group as it approaches, and the shaman offers a nod of approvement when she espies what they carry. "You've brought enough, all of you? And remember, we seek to drive them out of hiding, but we also dont want to fell too many trees..." Bagurat gives a small snort. "Else we'd have no shelter from the cursed sun, ourselves."


[Grimbeorn(#22365)]
Hard by the elves is another figure. A massive brown rock it might seem in the dark of night. Only two eyes of deep brown tell that it is not a rock, and these stare hard toward the enemy encampment.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Looking at the group of Uruk Scouts behind him, Bugzlok turns his head back to the Shaman and says with a evil grin "We will have more then enough.." snickering a bit he then says "Shall set out then.. Or would you like us to wait?" at the words of Bugzlok the group of scouts begin to get anxious and mumbles of "let get this going" and random curses can be heard. Turning his head Bugzlok snaps at them saying "Quite yourself!"


[Agmundr(#32546)]       Beside the massive brown, eyed rock there stands another, though not one of the Elves. Clad in soot-blackened armour, and stilling a twitching hand at his side is the Chieftain and berserker Agmundr. He, too, watches the encampment.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
"Quiet," the witch-orc hisses as the other scouts mutter complaints, and her eyes have narrowed in a frown. "You will listen to this one," the crow-mask dips to indicate Bugzlok. "I can put faith in him at least, while the rest of you grew distracted and lazy with your tasks." Turning to point off into the north to the dark fence of trees that obscure the view, she instructs, "No, we've waited long enough, I deem. Time to burn whatever you can." A nasty amusement hangs upon the words.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Hearing the words of the Shaman the group of Uruk Scouts begin to get fidgety.. Though they stay quite. Then with deviant smile Bugzlok bows his head and says "It will be done.." Turning about he motions for the scouts to move, they all make for the north. Spreading out as they enter the edge of the forest.
 
         As they enter the forest they begin to dump there waterskins upon the ground.. Upon the trees and shrubs.. And then moving on.. Pouring the liquid all about.


[Gildin(#11420)] Soft whispers are passed from treetop to treetop as the beaked figure can be seen talking to the group of orcs equipped with waterskins but nothing stirs up there in the trees. The dinstinct smell though wafts through the air and some fine noses out there even distinguish it from the regular stench of the orcish army.


[<#22365>] Animals there are in this forest, and the smell now seems to rouse them, as noises of the forest beasts, along with the protests of wind in the trees, can be heard. "<UNINTELLIGIBLE SPEECH>" comes the low growl of a bear seemingly somewhere far off.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
As the scouts move off, the shaman follows behind slowly, watching their progress from the rear. Perhaps to urge them on, or perform some sort of horrid blessing for their work, Bagurat calls out in some fell tongue. And then, switching back into garbled Westron, she repeats it. "High into the sky, send the soot and flames for the Eye. Drive the tree-rats from their holes, and torch roots and boles!" But even as the last is spoken, something in the distance growls, and she pauses uncertainly, tilting her head as if to listen better over the din of the camp.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         As the Uruk scout empty their last waterskins they move back to the rear.. Until they have all returned.. Then with a grin Bugzlok says with a laugh "Go ahead.. Set it ablaze.."
 
         With that all of the Uruk Scout pull out small pieces of flint.. And drag the pieces across the edges of their scimitars.. Sending sparks flying.. As these sparks hit the liquid soaked ground flames shout into the air.. Climbing trees and going off in different directions.
 
         The Uruk scouts have set the forest upon fire.. And then Bugzlok turns to the shaman with a smile and says "We will find these rats.."


[Gildin(#11420)] But suddenly little flames flicker in the trees and lamps are lit hear and there. Activity ensues high above the heads of the scout party and there is a soft but firm command in the languages of the wood elves. Silence.

And then a rain of fiery arrows hails down on the orcish scouts, aimed at their water skins at at the smelly trail of liquid they leave behind.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Fiery arrows fly, and only do to help to set the forest ablaze.. Though the Uruk scout that were foolish enough to spill the liquid upon themselves are too set ablaze as arrows strike them.. Or near them. This sends the Scouts into a fenzy.. All of them throwing their empty waterskins into the blaze and getting it away from themselves.
 
         Also throwing his skins is Bugzlok, though he dies not appear to be in a frenzy.. Rather he looks to the shaman and says "It has started.." drawing his scimitar he moves over to one of the Uruks that are on fire and slashes out with his crude weapon, cutting the throat of the creature and ending his misery, an evil smile is upon his face as he doe this.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
"Find them we shall," agrees Bagurat to Bugzlok, and she watches the fires start with wicked satisfaction. Unfortunately, this satisfaction is not long to last; swiftly it turns into an irritated snarl as the whine of arrows comes down, and the witch-orc rewards them with a hasty backward step and a glare sent into the canopy. A new hiss slips from behind the beak. "That was quicker than expected. They're in the leaves!" and she raises a claw to point above. "Don't let them out of sight if one shows itself."


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         A nod is given to the shaman as the Uruk Scout Bugzlok once again nears her, though this time he has his shield up and his eyes do not leave the canopy which is starting to catch fire.. Eyes still on the fiery inferno that is the forest he says "Keep a lookout for rats! We will not let them escape!"


[Gildin(#11420)] Thick white smoke starts to fill the air for the trees are frosted with rime and the trunks are moist outside. But the fuels aids the flames where it has been applied and flames and sparks ascend into the nightly sky. Far off to the north, there is another sound now that mingles with the cracking and hissing of the fire: the sound of axes chopping into wood.
%And just as Bugzlok approaches the shaman, one of the lamps falls down towards his raised shield.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Raising his shield just in time, be it skill or luck it is hard to tell for the face of the Uruk scout is one of anger as a fiery arrow strikes his shield with a /thud/. Cursing loudly Bugzlok uses his scimitar to knock the flaming arrow off.. Leaving his shield marred by the flame.. Eyes scanning the forest he sees where the arrow may have come from and shouts "Come meet your death Rat.. Do not hide and shoot from the trees!!!"


[Grimbeorn(#22365)]
The orc's taunts are answerd, but not from the trees. The brown "rock" suddenly stands up and roars a challenge, adn then a massive and very angry bear charges toward the enemy, aiming to run right through it.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Seeing the great rock.. BEAR come charging his way, Bugzlok darts out of the way.. Though as he moves he picks up one of the half full waterskins.. Being out of the way, he flings it at the great bear whilst a watery fluid pours out of it.. Possibly covering the brown beast.


[Agmundr(#32546)]       Not too far behind the roaring 'rock' runs Agmundr, shield and axe in hand. He follows in the wake of the bear, but his target is the beak helmed one. He lets out an almost feral shout as he charges.


[Grimbeorn(#22365)]
The bear roars, shaking its head and spewing drops of the fire propellant every which way, but mostly on the orcs that it is attempting to tear a line through. And, seeing its attacker, it heads straight toward Bugzlok.

Witch-king has connected.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
Glass shatters nearby from the falling lamp, and another of the arrows whistles overhead a little too close for comfort. Bagurat gives a muffled snarl, jerking the scimitar at her side free of its sheath. The bear's sudden appearance and roar earns a turn of her head, and she wastes no time in attempting to dart further away. Another cry gives the shaman pause, and she emits a low growling sound when Agmundr charges. And she waits, the scimitar held out in front in wordless acceptance of the challenge.

COMBAT - Wielded: Blackened Scimitar


[Gildin(#11420)] While the first wave of elven arrows was still lit to help burn the fuel in time before it could do even more damage, there are now stray arrows that come unseen and are maybe only heard moments before the impact. The orcish scouts while retreating from the flame front are now attacked from east and west alike by a group of King Thranduil's hunters. The fire meanwhile is suddenly drawn to the west.

[+LIGHT:#22365] Grimbeorn lights forest fire.

[+POLL] Announcement: Grimbeorn(#22365) has changed the poll to: Only YOU can prevent forest fires!


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Seeing the great bear heading for him, Bugzlok darts though a group of Uruks who turn to face the beast with weapons drawn. Still moving he raises his shield just in time to have yet another arrow strike it.. Then shouting he says "Send arrows into the trees kill these rats!" With that Uruks throughout the camp begin to fire arrows in all directions. Looking about he looks for something much smaller than the great bear to attack.


[Agmundr(#32546)]       The berserker closes the distance between himself and the orc shaman quickly, feral grin upon his face. He says nothing, swinging his axe swiftly and brutally at the beak helm.


Agmundr attacks you with his Axe!...
...and he misses!


[Grimbeorn(#22365)]
The bear keeps plowing right on forward, into the group that Bugzlok darted through, and those of the orc's companions that aren't quick enough get flattened or tossed into the flames. Some small sparks light up on the bear's skin now, too, though, so that it has to dive to the ground to put out the flames threatening its coat. It does so by looking to roll on the ground...on top of orcs.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
There is a mocking sound from behind that beaked mask as its wearer slips sideways out of the way. And quickly, Bagurat brings the orc-blade outward for the man's side.

Arrows are hurled from both sides, and several orcish shouts of pain prove the accuracy of Eldarin aim.

You attack Agmundr with your Scimitar...
[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat]
Agmundr parries your attack with his shield!


[Witch-king(#28583)]
The flames catch indeed, and ever roll higher as the din of battle goes on around them, but woe unto the foes of the orcs! As the firelight grows stronger, there comes the sound of alerted voices and snarls of alarm from the depths of the forest. It would seem the ruckus is drawing the attention of Bagurat and Bugzlok's friends.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         It would seem the misfortunate Uruks that Bugzlok darted though were not fast enough for most are thrown to the grown.. And then crushed as the great beast rolls atop of them.. Muffling their screams.. Though one Uruk tries to stab the beast as it rolls atop of him, thrusting out with its broken spear.
 
         The party of Uruk scouts continue to fire arrows into the trees at any targets they are now able to see, screeching loudly as they see their arrows fly towards the rats of the trees. Bugzlok continues to move, shouting orders to the scouts with his eyes scanning the trees for one of the rats to flee.


[Agmundr(#32546)]       The berserker has not survived this long by letting down his guard. He turns, catching the orc-blade on his shield, and a brief laugh comes from the battle-crazed man. Another brutal hack sees the Beorning's axe heading for the shaman's torso.


Agmundr attacks you with his Axe!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 13 hp's by Agmundr's attack...
...you have 77 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Grimbeorn(#22365)]
A streak of blood appears across the beijabars back, but this only serves to infuriate it further, one huge paw swiping across the ground to try to send orcs in its path flying.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
Whatever mockery the witch-orc had been enjoying, it is ended with Agmundr's second strike. There is a cry of pain, and she stumbles away for a moment, flinging her free hand down to touch the robes where the axe had connected, The fingers raise again, stained black, and Bagurat snarls again. "You'll pay for that, I promise," she speaks at last, slashing out with her weapon anew.

You attack Agmundr with your Scimitar...
[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat]
Agmundr dodges your attack.


[Gildin(#11420)] The elven arrows from each of the flanks of the scout party come flat now, out of the undergrowth. Or do they? Others seem to come directly from above! But the fire rages on a broad front from east to west now instead spreading radially - and if the rest of the orcs would want to advance towards the mass of their foes, they would have to cross the flames. Burning branches and glowing twigs begin to drop down at the edge of the fire.


[Witch-king(#28583)]
But fire is not the bane of orc-flesh, and while it reveals more than their eyes would like, it does not cow the foul beasts. Still, they seem wary of the forest beyond the wall of flame, their vision upset by the glare and unable to discern those that linger in the treetops above. They snarl and hiss in anger, even as Grimbeorn rampages through the scene.

And then, as the voices of their fellows draw near, there is a blast of an uruk horn. Three short, sharp blows signalling some charge or other, and from behind the shadowy depths of the forest the sound of jingling armour can be heard.

All the while, as the melee turns ever fiercer, those within it may or may not notice a strange coldness growing upon the air; fingers of chill and unrest tickling their way across the wits of the enemies of the orcs. For those with eyes to see it, the darkness of the forest around them might seem to deepen even further than night's urging.


[Agmundr(#32546)]       The Bear Clan Chieftain moves forward, avoiding the shaman's scimitar, another laugh coming from Agmundr. He says nothing in response, though, instead sending his axe in a heavy cut towards Bagurat's weapon arm.


Agmundr attacks you with his Axe!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 8 hp's by Agmundr's attack...
...you have 69 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         It is unfortunate for the Uruk scout that was in the path of the bears great paw.. For not only is he ripped open, he is flung into the fire.. His screams are heard for a few moments as he burns within the fires. Other scout take aim with their crude bows and fire upon the savage bear, then go back to firing at the elves that are in the trees, taking well aimed shots at the tree rats. Seeing the great bear Bugzlok still moves away, his eyes seeing one of the Tree rats, and so does his fellow scout for it shoots an arrow aimed directly at the rat.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
If the shaman has taken notice of the horns or the strange growing darkness, she shows it not. Instead her attention is preoccupied as the axe sails out again, and she tries to yank her hand backward. But the human is the faster, and the axe-blade cuts through cloth easily and the skin that lies beneath. But it is not a serious injury, and Bagurat aims another attack of her own, this time for the Beorning's leg.

You attack Agmundr with your Scimitar...
[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat]
Agmundr dodges your attack.


[Grimbeorn(#22365)]
An arrow strikes the great bear's fur...and promptly bounces off. And then another, this one sticking but not goign through the fur. And again the bear sweeps his paw toward the orc host, charging after them. From the angle of his attack it might seem he is trying to heap orcs onto the flames to smother them.


[Gildin(#11420)] With a yell, an elven hunter drops out of the trees onto the ground, but at once there is hail of arrows returned and two others climb down on ropes with the amazing speed and grace of the Eldar. One rope is then slung around the fallen warrior and he is hoisted up into a big fir where he disappears among the branches. The two other elves make for a retreat into the brushes, leaving one rope hanging down onto the ground from their tree.


[Agmundr(#32546)]       The Chieftain moves his leg out of the reach of orc-forged metal, a grin full of teeth flashing across his face as he hacks at the beak helm once more. Yet, his eyes flick around, battle-rage briefly fading, replaced by... puzzlement? Nervousness? Perhaps he has taken note of the strange cold.


Agmundr attacks you with his Axe!...
...and he hits! Ouch!

ARB: You've been injured for 15 hp's by Agmundr's attack...
...you have 54 left. Please RP this injury accordingly.


[Witch-king(#28583)]
Even as the Elves rescue their fellow, they might find yet more to dismay them, for as fresh orcs, called by their horns, begin to trickle out of the treeline and join the melee, those already present seem to gain confidence with every passing moment. The shadows of the forest swell; pooling and stealing from trunk to trunk to skirt about the firelight, snatching and raking at the scene to hem in the glare of the flame entirely and shroud all without it's light in pitch darkness.

A wash of dread slips upon the air as a chill breeze, though it seems only to drive the uruk-hai of Mordor on in their foul sport; icy lashes of the night seeking entrance to hearts of those who oppose the orcs.

And just at the firelight's edge, were any too look, they might espy a strange patch of darkness even blacker than the rest; perhaps a shadow cast by some bough into the shape of a figure robed in black.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
There is a horrid grating of metal against metal, and the axe slides down the length of the beaked mask to land a hit into the right shoulder. This earns a foul cursing. But this turns into an odd fearful and excited laugh as the cold and gloom lengthens. "Feel it, worm?" asks Bagurat in feign concern. "Your doom comes, if you do not flee." Down comes the scimitar again, now for Agmundr's forearm.

You attack Agmundr with your Scimitar...
[Combat(#13388)->Bagurat]
Agmundr dodges your attack.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         The great bear does throw Uruks into the fire.. And it does indeed make a path in which someone could pass.. Seeing this Bugzlok shouts at some of the Uruks and they take off running there the passageway following the elves.
 
         More Uruks begin to attack the great bear, slashing with their scimitars and thrusting with spears.. Trying to push the beast back into the fire..
 
         Seeing the shaman fight the stupid human Bugzlok takes off at a sprint towards him, scimitar at the ready swinging it in a downward strike, aimed for his shoulder.


Bugzlok attacks Agmundr with his Scimitar, but he misses by a mile.


[<#22365>] The light of righteous anger burning in the bear's eyes flickers momentarily, but it holds its ground, fending off the oncoming attack even as it comes at him, holding his ground and not backing into the fire. Then all at once it gives a great roar, the sound echoing through the forest. "<UNINTELLIGIBLE SPEECH>" And the bear begins to retreat, one paw grabbing for Agmundr as it runs by him, but softly slow--not a blow of war, but a tap of sorts.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Uruks poor through the gap in the fire.. Disappearing into the darkness following and searching.


[Agmundr(#32546)]       The tap from the bear pulls the berserk Chieftain back, both physically and mentally; the battle-rage clears and he gives a jerking nod of his head as he avoids the strikes of both orcs. He is still only a moment before he retreats alongside the bear.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
Bagurat glares unpleasantly as the man and his bear companion retreat, ere she whirls about to hiss to Buzglok. "Did you see them? The albai-scum? Where have they gone?" There is a rushed anger in the tone, though it is likely due to the bleeding wound in her middle that she still clutches at.


[Witch-king(#28583)]
As the great bear and the warrior at his side back away, there is a rasp of mocking laughter from the shadows, and the strange black shape steps forth in earnest. Tall and fell it turns a deep cowl toward the pair, and a gloved hand raises to point thither. Triumph is writ upon the darkness as it swells ever more around Grimbeorn and Agmundr, not to mention heard in the snarls and cackles of the orcs as they follow the gloved hand and press the Laird of the Beornings back further if they may.


[Gildin(#11420)] The new icy breeze that can even be felt against the heat of the fire has not gone unnoticed. All of a sudden, the elven arrows cease to fly and there seems to be a silence of sorts. Only the fire keeps roaring. It seems the few elves that resisted the orcish scouting party have dispersed into the wood along the fiery wall.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         "I have sent those to follow.. They will find the paths as the rats retreat." Says Bugzlok as he points to the gap in the wall of fire.. Watching closely he sees movement in the trees and takes off at a dead sprint, leaping through the small gap in the fire and chasing after something..


[Grimbeorn(#22365)]
Darkness at its heels, the bear speeds into the woods. With luck, Agmundr will be able to follow the thundering beast.


[Agmundr(#32546)]       The Chieftain certainly does its best to keep up with the bear, not looking over his shoulders; he focuses on running.


[Witch-king(#28583)]
And as they go a sneer might be heard from the depths of the strange new arrival's hood, for it turns then to the firelight and hisses a dark command to the uruk-hai.

"Let the bear flee," he rasps, "and look eastward to the flight of the Eldar instead. Track them, and return to your Shaman with news of their passage."

And with that, the black figure turns to stride away, melding once more with the shadowed depths of Mirkwood, and vanishing from sight. Slowly the darkness slackens, but little might this difference be discerned by those in the thick of the action.


[Bugzlok(#11425)]
         Silently and swiftly the Uruk Scout Bugzlok tracks his enemies to the east, following the slight trail left as they fled into the dark forest, what the scout tracks is hard to tell, but track he does, moving to the east as swiftly as his feet will carry him.

Grimbeorn follows the well worn path to the southwest.
Grimbeorn has left.
Agmundr follows the well worn path to the southwest.
Agmundr has left.


[Bagurat(#24847)]
And the thick of the action has hushed even as the fell specter speaks, and quickly do more of the orcs rush to do as they are bidden. Many more scurry out of sight into the dark of the wood after their fellow scouts, to join in the pursuit. Off they go, at the heels of Bugzlok and his companions.

 


Date added: 2010-09-21 10:03:11    Hits: 65
Powered by Sigsiu.NET RSS Feeds